This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 46 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm101 View Post
    me too Shasta. I was sucked in too.
    It's like a train wreck. You just can't stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    For the longest time I didn't pay attention to the Fifty buzz and didn't even know what it was about. I came pretty close to picking it up just because it had gotten so much buzz (although sometimes I find that is a mistake anyway). I'm really glad I started paying more attention to what people were saying about it, as who knows what would have happened if my delicate sensibilities had been affronted.
    I'm really glad too!! But you should read "Shades of Grey" because everyone should and so darn Jasper Fforde will write the second one. I feel like I'm stuck in the Dark Tower time freeze again where the next book just. won't. come. out.

Bonefire of the Vanities (Sarah Booth Delaney Mysteries) by Carolyn Haines
    I love these books . . .they're very fun.

Finished Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla, they are my favorite 2 books of the whole series. I am about 100 pages into Song of Susannah.

Last night, I wanted something a little different, but short, and I read Throttle...Wow! First time reading it for me, and it is a very visual story. I liked it a lot. Some of the scenes made me wince, though...I had an uncle who was a hard core biker (not a violent one, though) and he had 2 bad wrecks with his bike, the first took one of his legs, and the second one took his life...so the wreck scenes were full of shivers for me.

I'm having such a difficult time getting through Wizard and Glass. I can see what's coming for Roland and his childhood sweetheart and I can't stand it. I want to finish the book so I can finish the series but it's difficult to make myself get through the inevitable and gut wrenching conclusion to their story.

Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Must have read it in high school but that was eons ago. Don't remember it at all. I have Simmon's Drood waiting for me. Can't wait to get to that!

I'm gonna join the DT party...I'm on my second read through DOT3...

Reading Prince of Thieves from Chuck Hogan. No purple prose, just Some of the best thriller writing I have read.

I know you didn't ask me, but I couldn't read past the first 100 pages or so (Strange & Norrell). Just wasn't my cup o' tea.
    Oh, that's no problem. Any and all input is always appreciated. Thank you.

Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Must have read it in high school but that was eons ago. Don't remember it at all. I have Simmon's Drood waiting for me. Can't wait to get to that!
    Hi, Pets-
    I love Fahrenheit 451. It's truly brilliant, isn't it?
    Please be sure to let us know your thoughts on Drood.

I wrapped up my 3rd reading of On Writing on Friday. I should have a review sometime later this week, if anyone's interested in reading it..

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Finished Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla, they are my favorite 2 books of the whole series. I am about 100 pages into Song of Susannah.

Last night, I wanted something a little different, but short, and I read Throttle...Wow! First time reading it for me, and it is a very visual story. I liked it a lot. Some of the scenes made me wince, though...I had an uncle who was a hard core biker (not a violent one, though) and he had 2 bad wrecks with his bike, the first took one of his legs, and the second one took his life...so the wreck scenes were full of shivers for me.
    I read Throttle recently too and it was great! I agree that it was very visual. I'm sorry it brought back bad memories about your Uncle but hopefully it brought some good ones too.