This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 50 of 229 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I'm reading Heartbroken by Lisa Unger

I'm currently reading La fille de papier (Paper girl ), a Guillaume Musso's novel. He mentions SK 3 times so far in his story. One mention is the fact that he's part of a band formed by famous writers named ROCK BOTTOM REMAINDERS. Another that SK once found a guy with a knife in his bathroom one morning. Just to say that Guillaume is a huge SK fan and the story I'm reading is about a famous writer who's stalked by one of his own characters. That's why it's called Paper Girl. I love it!!! It's full of humour and the plot is fantastic!!!!

I have a gazillion stuff I want to read and a book I'm in the middle of that I know I want to finish, but it would appear I've been struck again by the dreadful "reading funk."

So I'm not reading anything right now.

Right now I'm reading A Clash of Kings, (which is very interesting and a huge step up from A Game of Thrones) and Duma Key. Duma Key is excellent as well. I'll probably finish it after ACoK, and then move on to A Storm of Swords.

"Reading funk" is a good term for it. I've been calling it "reader's block" and I only just came out of a month plus spell of it.

Now, if what I'm reading aloud to the kids counts for anything than we are about a week away from finishing the whole Harry Potter series, and maybe six years away from finishing The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett which my husband likes me to read to him but we never really make good time on.

I'm reading The Walking Drum by Louis L'Amour. It's his typical "western" theme though this takes place in 12 century Europe. Easy light read but epic nonetheless. With classes cranking up in the fall im hoping to be able to start on 11/22/63 soon.

Looking at getting the next book in the Forerunner trilogy that's set in the Halo universe. At the moment I'm working on Wizard and Glass ​still.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobtlong View Post
    I have a gazillion stuff I want to read and a book I'm in the middle of that I know I want to finish, but it would appear I've been struck again by the dreadful "reading funk."

So I'm not reading anything right now.
    What a wonderful phrase for something that hits me with a wallop from time to time! Maybe those word images just put our brains into overload and we have to shut down, eh?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I downloaded a 4 novel set of ghost stories for the kindle. I'm on the third one and have thoroughly enjoyed this so far. I had never read any of the authors in this collection and I will definitely have to check out some of their other works. So far this is what I have read:

J.R. Rain / The Body Departed - This is a story of a ghost that realizes he was murdered in his sleep and he is staying on Earth instead of moving on because he wants to solve his murder. He is hampered by a few ghost rules like not being able to leave the building he died in and slowing losing his memory the longer he stays on Earth. I thought it was a very inventive tale.

Aiden James / Cades Cove - A very scary story about a guy who seems to have a ghost that wants him dead. He has to unravel the mystery of why this ghost is after him to save his own skin.

Scott Nicholson / Drummer Boy - Only partially through it but it's a good one.