This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 64 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Dana Jean, what do you think about Gone Girl? I don't know whether I am having one of my 'reading blocks' or it's the story or her writing. I feel like I am wading in waist high water. This book is so popular, BS lists and such, I am almost forcing myself to read it.

Where are you at in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Dana Jean, what do you think about Gone Girl? I don't know whether I am having one of my 'reading blocks' or it's the story or her writing. I feel like I am wading in waist high water. This book is so popular, BS lists and such, I am almost forcing myself to read it.

This week I am reading One on One by Tabitha King. I like it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Where are you at in it?
    Nick has just found Amy fourth clue and has gone to see Go. Any words of encouragement will be most appreciated.

Just finished 11/22/63. About to start on IT. so pumped.

Ps: does anyone else stay away from this board while reading a SK novel? I was always come back and share thoughts and post before and after but I tend to stay away during reading. Probably b/c of a spoiler I walked in one concerning the DT series which scarred me.

Nick has just found Amy fourth clue and has gone to see Go. Any words of encouragement will be most appreciated.
    I loved it right off the bat. Immediately. I say if you don't like it now, come back to it. You're pretty far in and it would be nice if you enjoyed it. Maybe you will enjoy it more after another book.

We're actually pretty close to each other. So far, I haven't found it an exceptional book, but, I just don't think we're far enough into it yet. I just keep hearing really good things about this story, and I trust the people I'm hearing it from. I believe this is a story that is going to reveal itself slowly, layer by layer to what I hope is a really satisfying ending. Keep going Haunted. Feel free to throw out your thoughts as you go. Just make sure you use spoilers and you might put what page number you're up to, and if I have anything to say, I'll do the same. That way, we won't spoil something for each other as well as those thinking about reading it. I'm hoping to get a good chunk of it read this evening.

Reading Highways to Hell by Bryan Smith - It's a collection of 13 horror stories and a bit of a step down in terms of gore from Ryan Harding's Genital Grinder. At least, so far it seems that way. But the same lady (Suzzan Blac, I believe her name is) does the artwork for both and the artwork is pretty extreme.

Default Re: What are you reading?

YES IT IS! It's just a different way of taking in the exact same information as an actual hands-on book! I love, adore, drool over audios. THey are fantastic. Have I listened to bad ones? absolutely. Have I read a book and then listened to the same book on audio and found the audio better? ABSOLUTELY! The Help is a perfect example. Listen to that one, it's fantastic!
    I read The Help then got the DVD from the library. Of course the book was better. Now I just finished "50 Shades of Grey" Oh spank me! but actually there is a story to it. The ending left you hanging, probably so you would want to read the next book in the series.

We're actually pretty close to each other. So far, I haven't found it an exceptional book, but, I just don't think we're far enough into it yet. I just keep hearing really good things about this story, and I trust the people I'm hearing it from. I believe this is a story that is going to reveal itself slowly, layer by layer to what I hope is a really satisfying ending. Keep going Haunted. Feel free to throw out your thoughts as you go. Just make sure you use spoilers and you might put what page number you're up to, and if I have anything to say, I'll do the same. That way, we won't spoil something for each other as well as those thinking about reading it. I'm hoping to get a good chunk of it read this evening.
    So far, I haven't found it an exceptional book, but, I just don't think we're far enough into it yet. I just keep hearing really good things
    PERZACTLY!!! I have the library calling me telling me they have other books I have reserved ready. But, because of the above I just won't give up!

Thanks, Dana Jean and Shasta.