This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 65 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I have a horrible headache today, so won't be doing too much reading until I get it under control. Don't give up Haunted. You are reading for both of us today -- hahahah..

Sons of Anarchy spoiler

Again, just messing with Marsha. Feel free to do SOA spoilers all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    PERZACTLY!!! I have the library calling me telling me they have other books I have reserved ready. But, because of the above I just won't give up!

Thanks, Dana Jean and Shasta.

I am still reading The Light Between Oceans. I just have been so tuckered out in the evenings, after homework and dinner and cleanup, baths, and story time for the kids, by the time they go to bed I'm more than ready to zonk out myself.

But, I am really loving it a lot, it is beautifully written and I just know I'm going to be crying at some point. I am having to remind myself over and over that it is set in Australia, though. For some reason, I want to put them in Ireland. But, I really recommend it, it is a really great story so far.

Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    I read The Help then got the DVD from the library. Of course the book was better. Now I just finished "50 Shades of Grey" Oh spank me! but actually there is a story to it. The ending left you hanging, probably so you would want to read the next book in the series.
    I am afraid if I read that - it would be me hanging at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I am still reading The Light Between Oceans. I just have been so tuckered out in the evenings, after homework and dinner and cleanup, baths, and story time for the kids, by the time they go to bed I'm more than ready to zonk out myself.

But, I am really loving it a lot, it is beautifully written and I just know I'm going to be crying at some point. I am having to remind myself over and over that it is set in Australia, though. For some reason, I want to put them in Ireland. But, I really recommend it, it is a really great story so far.
    I started this yesterday but only a couple chapters in and already I've had the feeling this isn't going to end well. Have heard good things about it and will be curious to hear how you like it once you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I started this yesterday but only a couple chapters in and already I've had the feeling this isn't going to end well. Have heard good things about it and will be curious to hear how you like it once you're done.
    I will let you know! Hopefully I will get some good time in with it this weekend. I'm reading it on my kindle, I'm about 30% through. Seems to be a little foreshadowing going on, but we'll see! You're right though, it does have that sense of dread attached to it.

reading all the Guy N Smith novels I can find after discovering that he is the closest thing out there in mass market paperback horror to the late, great Richard Laymon

Cat, I just read this and thought it was a very good book. And yes, it is sad. It makes you wonder, what would you do in the same set of circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    I have a horrible headache today, so won't be doing too much reading until I get it under control. Don't give up Haunted. You are reading for both of us today -- hahahah..

Sons of Anarchy spoiler

Again, just messing with Marsha. Feel free to do SOA spoilers all over the place
    So sorry 'bout the headache. What used to help me was an icebag to the back of the neck and a lie down. Hope it goes away very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Ferox View Post
    reading all the Guy N Smith novels I can find after discovering that he is the closest thing out there in mass market paperback horror to the late, great Richard Laymon
    You might give the early James Herbert books a shot then. I recommend The Fog. (no, not the basis for the movies)

I'm reading Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. Good book so far.