This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 66 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

6:34 pm

wholly moley, Dana Jean and Shasta!!!! WHOLLY MOLEY.

I'm reading The Bet by David R Brown a Georgia native. This is a really good read that's set in Georgia.

For obvious reasons the story "The Body" has been on my mind. I haven't read anything lately, which is abnormal for me. I think the book Different Seasons will be an excellent choice for me to get my feet wet again.

Encouraged on by Dana Jean and Shasta I finished Gone Girl and I am so glad I stuck with it !!

I am off to the library to pick up the latest James Lee Burke and I, Michael Bennett a James Patterson.

My mother is a huge fan of Lisa Jackson. Personally, I think all of her books are formulaic and the same thing over and over but because I cannot afford to feed my voracious reading habit I am reading a Lisa Jackson book. I can't tell you the name but it really doesn't matter because they are all the same.

Here, I'll sum it up for you:

Beautiful but timid woman who doesn't know her own beauty and just got out of a bad relationship being stalked by evil, evil man.

Random tall, lanky, rugged guy (FBI agent, cop, investigavtive reporter) who has relationship issues randomly encounters woman. Vows to protect her.

Woman learns her strength, teams with man, vanquishes evil, evil man. Happily ever after.

There. You've just read every Lisa Jackson book ever. You're welcome.

My mother is a huge fan of Lisa Jackson. Personally, I think all of her books are formulaic and the same thing over and over but because I cannot afford to feed my voracious reading habit I am reading a Lisa Jackson book. I can't tell you the name but it really doesn't matter because they are all the same.

Beautiful but timid woman who doesn't know her own beauty and just got out of a bad relationship being stalked by evil, evil man.

Random tall, lanky, rugged guy (FBI agent, cop, investigavtive reporter) who has relationship issues randomly encounters woman. Vows to protect her.

Woman learns her strength, teams with man, vanquishes evil, evil man. Happily ever after.

There. You've just read every Lisa Jackson book ever. You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post

There. You've just read every Lisa Jackson book ever. You're welcome.
    Exactly! I've read her before and your spoiler is spot on. I must admit though, she can write some pretty heavy love scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Exactly! I've read her before and your spoiler is spot on. I must admit though, she can write some pretty heavy love scenes.
    I normally skip those because love scenes freak me out. (I'm suddenly reminded of the very long 50 Shades of Grey discussion from the past!!)

On audio, I just finished Robert McCammon's Speaks the Nightbird and thought it was great. Now I'm on The Dark Half, then will get the follow-up to Speaks the Nightbird. In an old fashion book with literal pages, I'm on the last 60 pages of Pet Sematary and will go to The Long Walk next. It's my first time reading all of the books mentioned.

I'm reading Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones but only just started it so not sure how I'll like it. Just finished Gerald's Game, oooh, made me cringe when Jessie was cutting her wrist