This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 73 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    Uh oh. I have this waiting in my stack.
    It might get better. But I'm having a hard time picking it up to find out.

It's very chick lit, which is not my favorite thing. But some people love it so I may be judging harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    I have to get this!! I am so nuts and tired,( it has been a long week) when Spidey told me she was reading The Twelve, it didn't click that it was the sequel to the passage!!! Whoo hoo I am ready for that!!!
    From what I have read thus far, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    From what I have read thus far, you won't be disappointed.
    Ohhh, I want it even more now!! I really did enjoy the Passage......So, I am sure I won't be!!!

Winesburg, Ohio - Sherwood Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    savage season joe lansdale
    Oooo, I LOVES me some Joe Lansdale!! Love his Hap & Leonard books!

I am currently reading "The Twelve" by Justin Cronin, (Snagged an advance readers -unedited for content- edition in a small contest at MEGATON@megaton_us) .The book is great ,so far;a strong and "Kingly" novel,long. Picks you up and reintroduces you interestingly ;and slams you right back into the story. Also on the road or in waiting rooms, I have been reading Michael Crichton's And Richard Preston's "Micro"; very well -meshed speculative fiction thriller. As if this were not enough I am flying through "Cold Vengeance" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I am a big fan of theirs and their enigmatic agent Aloysius X. Pendergast. I know most -if not all of you -are familiar with ALL of these authors ,however if you missed, or have not picked up one of these three aforementioned titles;I really believe you'll like them. I was nice to be lucky and win this month; a little something extra in the reading realm thanks MEGATON at PostApoc.net(Great British and other Apocalyptic literature outpost) You'll like their website.Take care, R.S.S.

Read Mitch Albom's The Time Keeper, first time I've read him. I liked it a lot. Very quick read, but a lot of things to think about.

Also The Dog Stars, by Peter Heller. Post apocalyptic novel, it took me a while to get used to the clipped narration, but it works, because the main character is used to being mostly alone. I liked this one too, there was some heartbreak and sadness, but there was a lot of love and hope, too.

Now I'm reading The Orchardist, a debut novel by Amanda Coplin. Only about 20 pages in, but I am really enjoying it so far.

Was reading Dracula, first time reading it. I was really enjoying it a lot, and thought I'd be through it before the above mentioned books made their way back to my library where I had them on hold, but the library was nice enough to transfer them in from the other branch for me, so they arrived much sooner than I expected. So I put Dracula aside, but am anxious to get back to it.

I started The Twelve last night. I really like it.

Just finished Odd Thomas. Enjoyed it, but

there was enough foreshadowing in place I knew I would not like all the ending. Not that it was bad, just sad.
    Going to start Salem's Lot. I have not read the book or seen the movie. Although I have read a lot of King books, every time I thought about this one, it seemed like there an overdose of vampire fiction out there in movies tv and books; and I would read something else. Since vampire personas seem "to have lost their way" as of recent, Salem's Lot seems like a good choice, and right before Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    Just finished Odd Thomas. Enjoyed it, but

there was enough foreshadowing in place I knew I would not like all the ending. Not that it was bad, just sad.
    Going to start Salem's Lot. I have not read the book or seen the movie. Although I have read a lot of King books, every time I thought about this one, it seemed like there an overdose of vampire fiction out there in movies tv and books; and I would read something else. Since vampire personas seem "to have lost their way" as of recent, Salem's Lot seems like a good choice, and right before Halloween.
    Salem's Lot is still on my "To Read" list but doesn't really sit too high up, I am back on the Dark Towers and when I am done with them, there is still the small matter of a little book called The Stand.