This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 74 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I just got done with a re-read of DT 5,6 & 7

I wasn't really planning on reading those but a funny thing happened after reading Wind Through The Keyhole. I couldn't stop myself. For some strange reason, I bought WTTKH when it came out and it sat around for a few months before I could get in the mood to read it. I may have thought I was done with DT and didn't want another volume messing things up. I'm not really sure why I was so reluctant to read it. But as soon as I finished WTTKH, I jumped right into "Wolves of The Calla" and couldn't stop. I think I liked Wolves even more this time around. I now really think that DT 7 is perfect.

It's really hard to take but it's the right ending. I think I would have preferred it to end without the Susannah epilogue and the coda. Although, after such a long journey no ending can seem totally right. You just want it to go on forever.

Tropic of Cancer . . .Whoa~!

"The Body In The Thames" by Susanna Gregory, it's set in restoration London and the main character is Thomas Chaloner, a former spy for Cromwell, now an "Intelligencer" for the Earl of Clarendon. He's a sort of 17th century detective. I've read a couple of Chaloner books and they are wonderfully atmospheric. The London of that time was a stinking sewer full of corrupt self-serving dandies and the stories capture it brilliantly.

I downloaded "In The Tall Grass" and plan on tackling that one tonight.

I just picked up 11/22/63 again. I started it a few months ago but just couldn't finish it. I had to put it down and read something else. I've never had this problem with any of his books. Im about half way through, I'm hoping I can push through and finish it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    Salem's Lot is still on my "To Read" list but doesn't really sit too high up, I am back on the Dark Towers and when I am done with them, there is still the small matter of a little book called The Stand.
    I'm 2/3rds through Salem's Lot. I really like the story, it would have been neat to have read it back in the 70's or 80's, but it is very good now. I'm not sure now why I put off reading it for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by ashiepoo84 View Post
    I just picked up 11/22/63 again. I started it a few months ago but just couldn't finish it. I had to put it down and read something else. I've never had this problem with any of his books. Im about half way through, I'm hoping I can push through and finish it!
    That happen to me with "The Talisman". There are times when my mind just can't get into certain books. I really enjoyed 11/22/63 and didn't have any problems.

I'm in the mood for an old SK book that I haven't read in many years and I'm trying to decide which one it will be. I've narrowed my choices down to either The Dead Zone, Pet Semetary or The Tommyknockers. I read all three of those shortly after they were released and have never re-read any of them. So. it's been at least 25 years for any of the three. I seem to think I remember more about Pet Semetary than the others because once you read that one, it's hard to forget. I'm leaning toward The Dead Zone. I remember that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it 30 years ago (wow - that's hard to believe) but am pretty hazy on the story after all of these years. I have been wanting to give Tommyknockers another shot for quite a long time too. But since it's political season, it's probably going to be The Dead Zone.

Another reason I want to read The Dead Zone is that I've seen the TV series is available for streaming from Netflix. I've never seen it and am curious but I want to read the book again before watching it.

I have read so many great things this year...

"Sacrifice" and 'The Resurrectionist" by Wrath James White
    "The Wicked" by James Newman
    "Tribesmen" by Adam Cesare
    "Audrey's Door" by Sarah Langan

I just finished a novel by Lee Thomas called "Ash Street" that is not out yet but will be soon and it's great.

Right now I'm reading Stephen King's Hearts in Atlantis,but I keep reading it on and off because I have to read other stuff for school,but I love it so far and that's why I keep coming back to it.