Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 79

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 79 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

I am reading my first Kevin O'Brien, Disturbed. So far pretty good and pretty high on the creep factor.

Working my way through Shadowland by Peter Straub. The first hundred pages were excellent; hopefully the rest will follow suit.

Just finished the Power of Habit. Interesting non-fiction. Here is a better review than I could give: http://www.businessweek.com/articles...charles-duhigg

It focuses on why people, companies, teams, etc. do some of things we do without thinking it about (for better or worse). Some hints how to change destructive habits, or improve the culture of sports teams or companies.

Marsha,

Mr. King apparently has had interest in the civil rights movement. Some of the later chapters have some interesting insight to the sociology and psychology that was happening at the time. Including Rosa Parks, M L King, etc. I'm not sure it worth passing on , just in case it is, fyi..

I am reading this one with my youngest. It has to be the most bittersweet story ever. I am not sure who is more into this story me or my daughter? ( my youngest didn't get into Hoot very well)

Having just recently joined this board (although been reading SK for years), it's refreshed my hunger for the world of SK, so I've been on a bit of a Stephen King reading mission! Just re-read 11/22/63 (for the fourth time!), finished the whole of Cell (something I've been trying to do for awhile!), and read Rose Madder for the first time ever. Liked both of them, 11/22/63 is still holding number one out of all SK's books to me though :-D ...... thinking of starting Duma Key for the first time next.....

I'm finishing up "The Hypnotist's Love Story" which I am enjoying very much.

I also bought "The Passage" to read on the plane when I travel for Thanksgiving because of this thread!

I usually stay away from books I find girly but a guy gave me his Jodi Picoult books and I finally read them for want of something better. I am pleasantly blown away!!!!!!! Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper are wonderful books about hard topics. I recommend them to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I usually stay away from books I find girly but a guy gave me his Jodi Picoult books and I finally read them for want of something better. I am pleasantly blown away!!!!!!! Nineteen Minutes and My Sister's Keeper are wonderful books about hard topics. I recommend them to everyone.
    Nineteen Minutes is my favourite book by her, The Pact is very good also. She is a decent writer and "easy" to read.
    Diane Chamberlain is quite similar in writing style/content to Picoult if you're ever interested in other authors like that.

I am currently reading The Eyes of the Dragon. After that I plan to read Passchendaele.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Nineteen Minutes is my favourite book by her, The Pact is very good also. She is a decent writer and "easy" to read.
    Diane Chamberlain is quite similar in writing style/content to Picoult if you're ever interested in other authors like that.
    "Saving Faith" by Jodi Picoult was provocative and also dealt with a difficult subject matter. I haven't read Diane Chamberlain, but thank you for the heads up!