Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What are you reading? (continued) - Page 8

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 8 of 229 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Just started It for the gazillionth time. I have always struggled with this one and I am hoping I make it through this time.

January Books:

1. CDs -- Hand of Evil; 2.Web of Evil; 3.Trial by Fire; 4.Cruel Intent -- all by J.A. Jance

5. Kindle -- Rage Against the Night -- various authors (very nice collection of stories put together for Rocky Wood.)
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

NOTHING...my god it is bad, all the books are packed cause we are moving so I can't even re-read something. We are poor because we bought the house we are moving into so I can't buy a book...and I don't know anyone who reads good books OMG I am struggling, I carry a book everyday, how can people NOT read?!?!?!?!

When pay day comes I am buying a cheap a$$ book...can't handle this at all...

Robert McCammon - Boy's Life

Just finished Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and now reading Fevre Dream by George RR Martin.

First Complete English Translation of Vernadsky’s “Evolution of Species and Living Matter”

by Meghan Rouillard
    My heart leaped up when I first read a description of Vernadsky's works so this is better. Rouillard is very brave to study the body of Vernadsky's work. The future creates the past is a less trivializing of the simultaniety of eternity than King's 9/11 book I read yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana Jean View Post
    January Books:

1. CDs -- Hand of Evil; 2.Web of Evil; 3.Trial by Fire; 4.Cruel Intent -- all by J.A. Jance

5. Kindle -- Rage Against the Night -- various authors (very nice collection of stories put together for Rocky Wood.)
    Can't go wrong with Jance, I really like her books, especially the Beaumont ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle71 View Post
    NOTHING...my god it is bad, all the books are packed cause we are moving so I can't even re-read something. We are poor because we bought the house we are moving into so I can't buy a book...and I don't know anyone who reads good books OMG I am struggling, I carry a book everyday, how can people NOT read?!?!?!?!

When pay day comes I am buying a cheap a$$ book...can't handle this at all...
    You can always go to the Kindle shop and get something for free there. If you don't have the Kindle app on your computer you can download it for free thru Amazon also. I have it on my pc and like it, altho I don't really like sitting in front of my pc and reading a story, but sometimes ya just have to do it.

Started 'Flashback' by Dan Simmons last night. Seems interesting so far.

Has anyone heard of, or read The Knife of Never Letting Go..?
    About a month or so ago, Jeremiah was hanging out with Tanya and I in our room, and he seemed interested in the book, so Tanya proceeded to read aloud the first 10 pages, and I thought the writing was just HORRIBLE. But as of late, I keep coming across the title, and even read a highly favorable review of it on Goodreads, so yesterday I decided to give it a go... and boy am I glad I did! I ended up reading the first 39 pages in roughly an hour. The story keeps you intrigued, excited, and thus far very addictive. And Ms. Spidey- there's a very lovable dog in this one named Manchee, and he is a RIOT! I thought of you while reading it.
    I'll be sure to let you guys know my thoughts/opinion(s) on it once I'm done.

Happy reading!

Page 8 of 229 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast