This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 9 of 229 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading? (continued)

Default Re: What are you reading? (continued)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    "For One More Day"~~Mitch Albom

It's only a small book, as his tend to be, but very easy on the mind. I like the way he approaches grief/bereavement/loss and leaves us with a more positive perspective when we close his books. I was wanting to re~read "Tuesdays With Morrie" but I loaned it to a friend, and she passed it on to someone else and doesn't know who! Grr. So, "For One More Day" it is then.
    I read both of these a couple of years ago...have you read his book "The Five People You Meet in Heaven?" - fabulous story!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BachmanKing9 View Post
    That's a beautiful novel, Srbo.
    I agree with you both - wonderful book!!

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill - I'm on page 65 and I'm already scared and I love his writing style!!!

Return of the Indian and Secret of the Indian by Lynne Reid Banks. They're just as good now as they were when I was 8. I'm excited for the 4th and 5th books in the series. They were written after I lost interest in the books, so I never read them.

Finished V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton. Mz. KimL and I agree that it was one of her best. Makes me wonder what she will do after she finishes the alphabet.

Still struggling with distraction issues but I have started The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I am under a 100 pages in and I am looking for encouraging words from y'all who have read it to spur me on.

Haunted, I felt The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo started off slow, a little too much backstory for my liking...but I kept reading and ended up really enjoying it! Have read the 2nd in the trilogy as well, but have yet to read the 3rd.

One of the many books I'm reading right now is Life of Pi. Although I'm having a tough time with some bad animal incidents, it's a very good story. I'm listening to it on CDs and the narrator is using an Indian (as in India) accent It is really adding a dimension to this story that I wouldn't have gotten had I just read this book myself. It's great so far.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Finished V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton. Mz. KimL and I agree that it was one of her best. Makes me wonder what she will do after she finishes the alphabet.

Still struggling with distraction issues but I have started The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I am under a 100 pages in and I am looking for encouraging words from y'all who have read it to spur me on.
    Grafton has only been using the English alphabet- there's still Chinese, Russian, Indian, Italian- you get my drift? Maybe she'll start using our numbers, there's more of those anyway.

I'm reading The Rook by Daniel O'Malley. It's a really interesting story about the British Secret Supernatural Service!

Just finished "Boys and Ghouls Together," a collection of short stories edited by Alfred Hitchcock (published in 1968 or 1969), and now reading Brad Meltzer, "Zero Game", and John Lescoart, "The Vig."

Page 9 of 229 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast