This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 121 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1508

Thread: I am happy today because...part II

Default Re: I am happy today because...part II

I am happy today cause spring finally came. And because we finally booked the hotels both in NYC and Bangor ME.
    So now everything is ready and we are coming. I am so excited already.

LongTallSally Guest

I am happy today because it seems like the whole family of the nice, honourable man I like has sought me out to check me out from a distance in the past little while. Methinks something interesting and new is coming my way. When I see him, I see something in his eyes that I've never seen anywhere else. I like it. He makes me feel like I am 20 years old again.

That is awesome, Sally!!! I am very happy for you!

LongTallSally Guest

I'm happy too, Grrl. I just have to be patient and bide my time.

Figured I needed to head off to the bank...make a deposit what with an unopened bill sitting on the counter...so, I balance the checkbook. When the rest of the country has to come to grips w/the coming money storm, up here on the perimeter we're all set, as it is a way of life. So anyway, the checkbook balances...fairly easy when you're not writing checks...next I open the bill from a supplier for that window I installed some time back. Saaaaa-weet! Turns out I'm on the plus side, but they list it as a negative...negative to them...but they reimburse me for advertising some advertising expenses through the previous year...a percentage, base on performance. Instead of a bill...notice of credit...couple hundred bucks. Not quite enough to stock up on Ibepoken...but in this case, no need to drive to the bank and deposit my spare change. Plus I save a stamp. All is well and all manner of things are well.

May seem silly, but I'm happy today because I just found out that HMV stocks the original Friday The 13th soundtrack score on CD. Been searching for Harry Manfredini's F13 scores for years, only to miss out on the limited edition box-set that came out a few years ago. Oh, I'm also happy today because there's no snow to shovel.

LongTallSally Guest

I am happy today because I received a notice saying that on May 1, 2013, I will receive my PWD (Persons with Disability) status and be entitled to much more help with $$$, supplements and healthcare costs. I'll be able to tell them at work that I can work another shift or two a month and I won't have that money taken away from me anymore. The amount I can work and keep has gone up a bit more with this as well.

This is such a huge relief folks.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTallSally View Post
    I am happy today because I received a notice saying that on May 1, 2013, I will receive my PWD (Persons with Disability) status and be entitled to much more help with $$$, supplements and healthcare costs. I'll be able to tell them at work that I can work another shift or two a month and I won't have that money taken away from me anymore. The amount I can work and keep has gone up a bit more with this as well.

This is such a huge relief folks.

Good for you! That is wonderful news.

LongTallSally Guest

I am happy today because I keep on having the family of a true gentleman trying to be nonchalant about taking a peek at me. It's comical. I catch them checking me out and they try to pretend that if they suddenly act so cool, I'll forget I saw them gawking with a huge grin on their face. I've had it happen over and over so I think something very good is coming my way soon because he's obviously talking about me to his family. I really like this guy. I just have to be patient.

I am also happy today because last night it struck me that with the disability amount I'll be getting, I can earmark a bit of my tax refund that I have in the bank for the final tattoo I want. Now all I have to do is draw it. That is an awesome feeling. The fractures in my hand are also healing as well, so I will be able to hold a pencil properly.

Yeah, I am happy.

I'm happy because my 5-year old daughter said the sweetest thing to me yesterday. She was looking for her wiffle ball and I found it for her.
    "I want to be like you, Daddy," she said.
    I said "Why?"
    She said "You're helpful, and adorable."