This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 23 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am happy today because...part II

Default Re: I am happy today because...part II

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantReader1973 View Post
    I am happy today because, in two days, I will be hearing Stephen King give the closing address at the Savannah Book Festival, and with any luck, I will be able to get a signing card so I can have him sign my much-loved copy of Lisey's Story!
    That would be beyond awesome! Good luck!

I'm happy today because it's Friday and I'm off from my fulltime job next week, which can be extremely stressful. I'll still be at my part time job, but it's not as bad. I think it's the first time I've had a full week off in two or three years.

I am happy today because, in two days, I will be hearing Stephen King give the closing address at the Savannah Book Festival, and with any luck, I will be able to get a signing card so I can have him sign my much-loved copy of Lisey's Story!
    That is AWESOME! How fun, can't wait to hear all about it

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo*mofo View Post
    Because despite my misgivings over an e-reader, I am really enjoying my new toy. It is not as hard to read on as I thought it would be, and I have access to web-only treats like Mile 81. Which was great, btw. You know it's good when you want to yell at the characters- GET AWAY!!!
    I actually had to put it down in the middle to make dinner when I was reading it and honestly, I was glad for the break! For some reason it really, really freaked me out. I kept picturing this rest stop I used to pass right before the Lake Placid exit in upstate NY. *shudder* Gave me the willies so bad I had a dream about it that night! So, so good!

I am happy today because I am not in a lot of pain, it's sunny with a high of 45, and I get to watch last night's Project Runway and eat a Baby Ruth! Yeah!

I'm happy today because I've had a good day. Even a good workday.
    I think it's something to be happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Reader View Post
    I actually had to put it down in the middle to make dinner when I was reading it and honestly, I was glad for the break! For some reason it really, really freaked me out. I kept picturing this rest stop I used to pass right before the Lake Placid exit in upstate NY. *shudder* Gave me the willies so bad I had a dream about it that night! So, so good!

I am happy today because I am not in a lot of pain, it's sunny with a high of 45, and I get to watch last night's Project Runway and eat a Baby Ruth! Yeah!
    I hear you, it was creepy!

Especially because a lot of us would stop if it looked like there was a car in trouble, and would we peer into the car? Maybe knock on the window? Sure. It was also one of the goriest shorts I've EVER read! All those brains getting sliced into, and then the metallic *ponk* of the car burping itself back into shape...

Awesome.

I`m happy today cos I just got back from a second hand book store closing sale, bought 12 HC books for 38 bucks..amongst them Danse Macabre ( I didn`t have that one! ), Straub, Barker, two beautiful leather-bound Agatha Christie books, Ranking and some Cinderella pop-up books for my daughter.
    Man, the happiness a kid can show...nothing compares to that...

I am happy today because I just got back from getting my book signed by Sai King AND getting to hear him give the closing address at the Savannah Book Festival. Best. Vacation. Ever.

I'm happy today because I'm still riding the high of meeting Stephen King and hearing him give the closing ceremony at the Savannah Book Festival on Sunday. Had a great time meeting new people, hearing King speak, and meeting him at the book signing.

I'm currently at my mom's oncologist's office where a bunch of guys showed up dressed head-to-foot in Mardi Gras garb. They arrived on a bus and gave all the cancer patients, workers, and everyone else a bunch of beads and fake flowers with the petals dyed purple, green, and gold. I wish I had a camera with me so I could have taken a picture of them while they were standing outside because they looked hilarious. Anyway, it's cool to see some people doing some nice things for people they don't know. I wish I would have dressed up today because I got an ugly green pimp jacket at home that would have gone great with my new gold beads.

I am happy today because my son had a great first day at school! Yay for Ej!
    Attachment 14888