Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am happy today because...part II - Page 54

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 54 of 151 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: I am happy today because...part II

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: I am happy today because...part II

Thank God for PMI! I bet you've never heard anyone say that before. Here's why I say that.

Back in 2008, there were some foreclosures in my neighborhood and what at the time were some pretty good deals on them. I decided that I wanted to buy a couple of them and rent them out and sell them a few years later when everyting turned around (rather optimistic, eh?). I went through the process and got approved for a loan for both houses. The only loans available at the time were FHA loans that came with PMI. I refused the loans because of the PMI. Well, like I said, thank God for PMI because shortly after that, business went to absolute hell and I am making much less than I was then and I would really be having a serious problem with those houses if they were not rented out and was having to make 3 payments. Sometimes things that seem bad at the time turn out good later.

There is always HOPE, people!
    Yes, there IS. I'm happy to hear a good friend saying as much, and that things seem to be looking up for her.

I'm not a coin collector by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have this thing for foreign money. And silver US dimes.

This week I have picked up a 1920 Italian 20c piece and a 1949 German 10 pfennig. They were just handed back to me with some regular change. How cool is that?

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo*mofo View Post
    I'm not a coin collector by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have this thing for foreign money. And silver US dimes.
    This week I have picked up a 1920 Italian 20c piece and a 1949 German 10 pfennig. They were just handed back to me with some regular change. How cool is that?
    Cool beans!
    On a midway we'd might just call that a sweet hard score ('hard' being the common term for coinage)...the rest is pretty much self explanatory.
    If your ever at the fair and you notice lot of people looking down at the ground and not at all the flashy sights & bright lights, those could might very well be the carnies, as we've seen everything of course, but what we're really doin' is keepin' a pair of sharp eyes peeled for a swell 'ground score'...it's truly a bona fide serious thang for those that's, "with-it".

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo*mofo View Post
    Did you read "A Good Marriage?"

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Cool beans!
    On a midway we'd might just call that a sweet hard score ('hard' being the common term for coinage)...the rest is pretty much self explanatory.
    If your ever at the fair and you notice lot of people looking down at the ground and not at all the flashy sights & bright lights, those could might very well be the carnies, as we've seen everything of course, but what we're really doin' is keepin' a pair of sharp eyes peeled for a swell 'ground score'...it's truly a bona fide serious thang for those that's, "with-it".

We have a Syrian 500 pound note that my husband literally found on our doorstep.

It always makes me wonder when I find foreign money- how did this get here? Did the person that spent it or dropped it miss it? I could be a carnie, spend my days looking at the ground for a score, it's kinda a rush!

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post

I wish you hadn't pointed that out... lol

BTK is a local boy...

Wooohooo, it looks like Jordan has waved his magic wand...~Ally~ is back!! This pleases me.

Yay, I am so excited! My order FINALLY arrived last night, I cannot wait to resume my journey with Wolves of the Calla!!
    And hopefully get back into Eragon, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    That was the first thing I thought!

I'm happy today because my fiance and I just got a dog! She was living up at his parents but she's moved in with us. She has spent all evening running around the house getting familiar with the place and already has her own spot on the sofa I haven't had a pet for about 12 years, have missed it so much!