Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am happy today because...part II - Page 57

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 57 of 151 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: I am happy today because...part II

Default Re: I am happy today because...part II

I am happy today because I am getting more needful things done. (I enjoy sneaking in sK references.) Meetings with the attorney are almost over, and those that remain are easier to cope with. I'm enjoying life more than I was in months, maybe ever--a life which has become simple because I'm learning not to make it more complicated than it is, which induces me toward (shudder) getting chores done in a more timely fashion due to less sheer dread. I'm happy for the things in life I find therapeutic, not least among which is the privilege of being able to express myself here at the SKMB.

I am happy because, I finally heard from the Ford Dealership!! They are able to fix our explorer and we will have it back in 8 days. Ya know what's funny? I am really loving the gas mileage on this 2011 Toyota Corolla that we got from Hertz!! If you are ever looking for a decent fuel efficient car (that isn't a hybrid) I highly recommend the Corolla.

I am happy because we finally have little bitty green blades of grass growing in the backyard! I was just about ready to give up on it. I'm sure we'll have spots that don't come up, but it's a start!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    I am happy because we finally have little bitty green blades of grass growing in the backyard! I was just about ready to give up on it. I'm sure we'll have spots that don't come up, but it's a start!
    Uncalled-for Advice Alert: Be in touch with a nursery for advice on watering, fertilizing, etc. They'll ask what type grass it is, among other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    I am happy because, I finally heard from the Ford Dealership!! They are able to fix our explorer and we will have it back in 8 days. Ya know what's funny? I am really loving the gas mileage on this 2011 Toyota Corolla that we got from Hertz!! If you are ever looking for a decent fuel efficient car (that isn't a hybrid) I highly recommend the Corolla.
    As the owner of a 2009 Corolla I will confirm this. I get almost 37 MPG in the summer and a little less when I have the snow tires on. Do you want to know something funny, Becks? I traded in my Exploder for the Corolla........small world............

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    As the owner of a 2009 Corolla I will confirm this. I get almost 37 MPG in the summer and a little less when I have the snow tires on. Do you want to know something funny, Becks? I traded in my Exploder for the Corolla........small world............
    Yeah, I am having some mixed emotions about getting my gas guzzler back!! On one hand, I love the room of the exploder, but hate to go back to 60.00 a fill up. I was on empty in the corolla and 25.00 gave me 3/4 of a tank!!! I think I need to take a look at the whole Toyota product line!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    Yeah, I am having some mixed emotions about getting my gas guzzler back!! On one hand, I love the room of the exploder, but hate to go back to 60.00 a fill up. I was on empty in the corolla and 25.00 gave me 3/4 of a tank!!! I think I need to take a look at the whole Toyota product line!!!
    The car I share with my daughter is a 1995 Corolla (bought new). Parts maybe held together with duct tape (PITH, thankee), but gas mileage is great. I do miss the van, especially when doing large feed runs. The trunk can hold only so much!

Happy because last night I finished the teaser preview for my newest movie! I'll be posting it to YouTube on Sunday night or Monday morning. Hope to have the whole movie done within a month or two--things will calm down once the school year (and my daughters' dance class) is over.

Our AC got fixed, and it was only $165. Which is better than the you're-gonna-have-to-replace-it that we were expecting. Turns out that the system is in good shape, but due to extreme heat last year, it was just a bit tired.

I'm happy today because our largest customer came for a visit today, and seemed to have good time and positive comments, regardless of the exceptionally slow service we had at lunch.