Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I am happy today because...part II - Page 94

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 94 of 151 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: I am happy today because...part II

Default Re: I am happy today because...part II

But oh how awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    The "uber member" tattoo he got gets some funny looks from people not familiar with the board.

I am happy today because.....I just got two postcards from the school telling me how well my daughters are doing academically! I am so glad! We had some issues with my oldest not wanting to do homework last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    I am happy today because.....I just got two postcards from the school telling me how well my daughters are doing academically! I am so glad! We had some issues with my oldest not wanting to do homework last year.
    Congratulations! Good job, kids and Mom!

LongTallSally Guest

I am happy today because the new album by my favourite artist will be shipped on the 16th. I pre-ordered. I am also happy today because the video for the new single is out. I'll be able to use this song as a lullaby on the bad nights.

I am happy today because my biggest problem is annoyance over my darling husband moving my truck, leaving it on, and completely draining the battery, thereby leaving me trapped at home, when I don't really have anywhere I have to be anyway.

Nothing, in other words. The biggest problem I have today is utterly insignificant. This rocks more than I can say!

Both of my girls want a tablet pc for Christmas. I was a little dismayed at that, since they can be expensive. I am so happy because I found one that isn't too expensive! And, it does everything they want it to do. Whoo hoo I can cross one item off of my to do list!! ( Also, my youngest made the honor roll again. my oldest has all A's and one D....she struggles with math, but we are working on it)

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    Both of my girls want a tablet pc for Christmas. I was a little dismayed at that, since they can be expensive. I am so happy because I found one that isn't too expensive! And, it does everything they want it to do. Whoo hoo I can cross one item off of my to do list!! ( Also, my youngest made the honor roll again. my oldest has all A's and one D....she struggles with math, but we are working on it)
    Congrats to your youngest on making the honor roll. Thumbs up and hug for your oldest, that new and improved math is very difficult to learn. And a big cheer for finding the tablets at a good price! Santa helpers are out with sales early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Congrats to your youngest on making the honor roll. Thumbs up and hug for your oldest, that new and improved math is very difficult to learn. And a big cheer for finding the tablets at a good price! Santa helpers are out with sales early this year.
    Spidey, Thank you!! There are so many new shortcuts that my girls have been taught to do math with it's unreal. It seems that they don't write math problems out the long way like we used to.....sheesh it's the only way I know how!! ( I have been finding awesome online sales....I am avoiding those awful black Friday crowds?)

I am happy today because I have family and friends, including the SKMB, who love me despite myself, and whom I love.

I happy today becuase I just got back home from visiting a good manufacturing plant in Athens, GA that makes power transformers. The plant was clean, organized, the people seemed engaged, and leadership had several programs benefiting their employees. They already had a computer learning lab and training center for in house training, but this week they opened an employee learning lounge with its own library and computers so that employees could chill, read a book, learn some new material toward a degree or certificate (education paid by the company) at their own pace, based on their own desires. They had a nice gym, cafeteria food was great, seemed like a good company with the right values.