This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 95 of 151 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: I am happy today because...part II

Default Re: I am happy today because...part II

That's encouraging to hear! Hopefully more companies will realize that providing a workplace environment like that benefits the employees and the company's bottom line much more in the long-term when employees are treated as though they are valued.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrl View Post
    I am happy today because my biggest problem is annoyance over my darling husband moving my truck, leaving it on, and completely draining the battery, thereby leaving me trapped at home, when I don't really have anywhere I have to be anyway.

Nothing, in other words. The biggest problem I have today is utterly insignificant. This rocks more than I can say!

I feel ya! I'm happy today because my car battery died, as well. I was able to get a jump and all is good!

Happy today cause a guy a dated this August contacted me again and wanted to see
    me. We haven't spoke to each other since August when we met for the first time. I really liked him and
    thought after I did not hear from him that he wasn't interested at all. But now yesterday he called. We spoke
    30 min and he asked if he can come to my hometown so we can see each other.

Iam happy today as Iam making a few major decisions that i think are best. Moving on forward somethimes is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    That's encouraging to hear! Hopefully more companies will realize that providing a workplace environment like that benefits the employees and the company's bottom line much more in the long-term when employees are treated as though they are valued.
    I think one of the biggest things is that when you work for a company like that, you not only want to give back, but you really hesitate to leave. It takes a lot to pull you away to another job. Retention of good employees in any market is, I think, key.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I think one of the biggest things is that when you work for a company like that, you not only want to give back, but you really hesitate to leave. It takes a lot to pull you away to another job. Retention of good employees in any market is, I think, key.
    Absolutely agree on that but apparently that flies out the window if you're a corporate officer in finance where it apparently doesn't matter. If we're to believe their rationalization, you can still get millions in bonuses even when your job performance is what's led to the downfall of the company because there's so little competition out there for good workers that they "have" to pay them ridiculous bonuses to keep them. Yeah, I believe that (NOT) and thank you Congress for removing any language in reform legislation that would have dealt with that. Yes, that's sarcasm, too.

LongTallSally Guest

I am happy today because I was having a short conversation with someone on FB, in German, and although I did look up some of her words, I didn't have to look up mine.

*bounce bounce bounce*

Because in 24 hours I will get to be with my husband again. And it's Thanksgiving/his birthday/the 10 year anniversary of our first date. It's a big day!

I miss him.

I'm absolutely walking on air right now and purely for a superficial reason. (Surprise!) My sister in law was in a bad car accident a few weeks back so I've lent her and my brother my car until they can buy a new one. Anyway, she has just brought me a surprise gift and it was a new pair of Bailey Button Ugg boots. Not everyone's favourite choice of footwear, but I love them in the winter. I was looking at them a few weeks back but I couldn't justify spending 225 ($360) on them so it was a lovely gesture to buy them for me. It's nice to be appreciated.

I am happy today because....My kids decided to give the German Shep a bath. Yay Mom does not have to do it!!! BUT...... Oh boy, time for a wrestling match! Well, not today, he jumped right in!! Whoo hoo that only took three years!!!