This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ugh.. Percy and Wild Bill

Default Re: Ugh.. Percy and Wild Bill

King has a knack for giving us some real creeps and scary baddies, and Percy and Wild Bill were certainly fine examples of such.

Don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't watched it, but I thought the reveal re: WB at the end was a little uneven in tone. Maybe it's just that Sam Rockwell has a likeability even when he's playing despicable characters, but there are some almost comedic moments with him, even when he's raising hell, and the reveal at the end was... well, anything but comedic.

I don't suggest Rockwell's performance was comedic, just that there were a few times where you couldn't help but laugh at some of his antics. That was hard to square with the feeling at the end. Tho, that's life, too. Perhaps by design.

Just my two cents! I thought both performances were top notch.

It took me years to give Andrew Robinson a chance in any other role, so convincingly creeptastic was he as Scorpio in Dirty Harry. I'll likely have the same thing with Jack Gleeson, who plays the insufferable sadistic git on Game of Thrones.

I think Stan is sweet on ol' Billy the Kid. Bar-B-Q, me and you, stinky pinky, phew phew phew...

Just kiddin, Stan.

Sam Rockwell ROCKS!

Where the Summer storms never hit hard enough.

They were both superb.

Without them, the movie would have fallen far short of the masterpiece that it is.

yes percy is the worst most evil character mr. king has ever created, i don't even hate the dark man in the dark tower series as bad as percy.

Quote Originally Posted by sswolf View Post
    yes percy is the worst most evil character mr. king has ever created,
    I disagree. Why do you feel this way about him compared to the rest of King's myriad of criminals and delinquents? He was definitely a bad man, but King has wrote about people with personal traits far worse than Percy's. In the context of this story I believe Wild Bill is much more deplorable than Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieJo View Post
    I couldn't STAND Percy. Talk about a brat. He just did things to get under people's skin. I saw Doug Hutchison on Law and Order: SVU the other day and he was playing a complete lunatic and he did a great job with it. That and The Green Mile are the only things I've ever seen him in. I'd like to check him out in other roles. Just to see if he's just good and those type of roles or if he's well-rounded.
    He played a great character in the X-Files named Eugene Victor Tooms. He was in A Time to Kill and Con Air too.

Percy was a lily livered evil little schmuck with a Napoleon complex and a chip on his shoulder the size of a 6 by 6. Wild Bill was a class A sociopath. No comparison at all...

Percy was a pathetic loser and I think many of us can relate to that type of co-worker we had to endure sometime in our careers!!

I haven't read The Green Mile yet, but I've watched the movie, TV version, a couple of times recently, admiring the acting so much. Of course Hanks provides a superior performance wherever, as well as does Cromwell, and Duncan's Coffey is legend. But I especially appreciate Doug Hutchison's ability to make me despise him, not simply a twerp but an evil one. David Morse is a character actor I have always really liked and have followed somewhat down thru the years. My favorite of his roles is in The Negotiator. I never really noticed Sam Rockwell til I saw Moon, in which he has two roles, is virtually the only actor, and makes a fairly bad script entertaining enough to get through.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123