Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I hated and loved this book

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: I hated and loved this book

Default I hated and loved this book

Sure it made me nervous of cars, being in front of 1 but then that stuff about which Stephen King has such a lovely attitude towards and I have such a hang about 'high school losers'
    hey come on - little bit of sympathy here, please

Default Re: I hated and loved this book

Welcome! Keep posting! What's your hang?

"hate & love"...the hallmarks of great works...and King is a conduit for the, unfortunately at times, grim realities that are...

AMC was showing the movie Christine last night and I got to watch the last hour or so of it. I had forgotten how movies in the 80s had so few special effects. It was actually kind of nice to watch something that looked like it was real! But, of course, the movie did not do justice to the book, as usual.

GNTLGNT:"hate & love"...the hallmarks of great works...and King is a conduit for the, unfortunately at times, grim realities that are...
    lol yup but thats why we loves him so much! If we could we'd be standing behind looking over his shoulder and he'd probably say "Get off my back and go read the Da**** FAQ's..." (I'd hate someone looking over like that!)

Everytime I read the book then watch the movie I'm sort of disappointed. Books seem to capture a lot of my imagination that characters can not.

I know how you feel . In reading a book , the characters can look and sound how you want , the buildings etc look totally real . In a movie, you're seeing someone elses version ,sometimes the sets are actually on soundstages, and it never measures up . Over time I've learned to view movie versions of great books as Alternate takes on the story, not how I'd a done it ,but still relevant.
    It still bugs me when they make needless changes to the story though.

Belmont, New South Wales, Australia, Australia

I have to say I am nearly 70 years old but can still remember my teen years , and after reading Christine I became an avid reader of Stephens I loved this book a real page turner so well written I am amazed at the way he keeps the reader totally engrossed in the story and one can feel the characters come to life and fall in love with them and the scene with the battle in the garage totally Blew me away my heart was in my mouth until the end. Great book.