This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us are Inked?

Default Re: How many of us are Inked?

I've only got one, it's around my ankle. It's a band of flowers with the breast cancer pink ribbon in the middle. Seriously toying with the idea of getting the KA symbol on my foot, or the Eld sigul.

Mine are are easily covered if I don't want them shown. I can't wait til summer to show off the one on my upper arm to the folks here at work. They'll probably think I'm crazy. I got my first tattoo when I was 36 and never got another one until this year. I got the tree right around Christmas and now the DT one which is still in progress. I would probably not have gotten these two except for the fact that my son, who was 18 at the time, asked me if he could get one. It was one to honor his grandmother who recently passed away, so I said yes and bought it for him for Christmas. I liked the work that the artist did, and the rest as they say, is history.

And may you have twice the number.

Quote Originally Posted by 91rewoT View Post
    I don't have any...but I've been THINKING about getting one for a few years now. Does that count??? The only tattoo I would get would be Tower related...I've thought about 19 or Ka...but I love the key, rose, door idea...but I don't know where I'd put it. I'd like to have it on my inner ankle, but my daughter (tattooed) says it would hurt way too much, and I'm not a big fan of pain, in fact, I try to avoid it...but it would be so cool...and my sister (ginknehpets) and I go on a "King" related vacation every year, and it would be really cool if I got one on our trip this year (shhhhhhh, don't tell my husband...)...
    Ankle tats are painful; as are ones over the ribs or backbone. Any place that doesn't have a good layer of fat or muscle can get painful. I know people who have them on the tops of there feet; every time I see them I cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I've only got one, it's around my ankle. It's a band of flowers with the breast cancer pink ribbon in the middle. Seriously toying with the idea of getting the KA symbol on my foot, or the Eld sigul.
    I thought about the Eld sigul for a long time; but decided to just give my artist the elements I wanted in the tattoo and let him come up with the design. I think he did a great job and I can't wait until it's done so I can show all of you.

I too am among those that are acolytes of the "Church of the Skin"...I have a total of 11 thus far...all Southwestern related(Native American)..I have no such bloodline, but I love the ink...will getting my 12th soon-a tribal version of the caduceus...

I don't have any, and most likely won't ever get one. Just my preference. That's partially because I try to give blood 2 or 3 times a year and I think if you get a tattoo you can't give blood for 2 years. Part of me would like to get one though.
    Should I change my mind and decide to get one, it would probably be an Orthodox cross, as the church I'm in draws heavily from Orthodox theology.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Zero for me

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    I too am among those that are acolytes of the "Church of the Skin"...I have a total of 11 thus far...all Southwestern related(Native American)..I have no such bloodline, but I love the ink...will getting my 12th soon-a tribal version of the caduceus...
    Twelve, that's awsome. They are addictive, aren't they?

I think ur Dark Tower tattoo idea is awesome...having said that, if anyone sticks a needle in me for any reason other than medical purposes, gunfire will ensue....lol

This is my kind of thread!!! I love tattoos. I think I'm more addicted to the act of getting them than having them but it's good all around for me. I currently have 13, and I plan on getting many more (actually, I'll be getting rid of 3 to make room for something big that I have planned...unless they can be covered easily). I have a few swallows (yeah, yeah...) and shooting stars, one on each wrist. I have a band of stars on my forearm, a row of stars on my ear, a bat behind one ear and a part of my pet snake's pattern behind the other ear. I have a skull with fish fins on my neck/shoulder, a pirate skull (I'm into sailor Jerry) an octopus lady and a sinking ship on my upper arm. And the last one is a heart and cross that says '"Jebus" on my foot (no I'm not religious, but that one's a long story).

The next I have planned is some sort of filigree on my other ear just because it's quick and cheap and it will get me a fix. Then the big project will be started. Man...I need a job.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast