This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Current SK Read ~

Default Re: Current SK Read ~

Truman - interesting is not the word. I would go with amazing, and funny enough, I have just started re-reading it on my phone when I am on the bus or the bog. I just wonder though, will it detract from my current real book, wizard and glass?

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    I'm reading Pet Sematary for the second time. Guys, I'm only 30 pages in and my stomach is already tightening in knots...
    And that, my friend, is the power of an amazing author- for you to feel this way after having already read the book is a sign of a great writer for you already know what;s going to happen and yet you're nerves are getting frayed! Enjoy!

Dark Towers series starting over will be my first time without time inbetween.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    And that, my friend, is the power of an amazing author- for you to feel this way after having already read the book is a sign of a great writer for you already know what;s going to happen and yet you're nerves are getting frayed! Enjoy!
    Oh yeah...Pet Sematary is filled to the brim with things to get the water-works running, things that gnaw at your mind, and things that make you NOT want to sleep at night! I really like Jud-he'd be an awesome grandfather to have. Ellie is really cool too...I'm liking her much more than I remember liking her on the first read through. That's not to say I didn't like her-I just didn't notice her, I guess. She kind of reminds me of how my older sister was growing up-she loved animals (especially cats) and just acted like Ellie. Odd...I'm three years younger than her, much like Gage and Ellie...haha. Odd! Anyway, Pet Sematary is a GREAT, emotional read, and I think it's one of King's most moving.

P.S. Am I the only one who gets chills from the bible scriptures quoted before each part in the novel? It seems to set the tone very well...

Almost finished Wolves of the Calla!

Robot Andy true mission was a surprise still don't know how that turns out!

Just read Skeleton Crew, some good tales, some ok. Enjoyed it overall. On to Cujo, read it about 15 years ago, can't remember much about it except it's about a dog.

I'm just starting 'It' for the second time. Haven't read it since it first came out!

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    I'm just starting 'It' for the second time. Haven't read it since it first came out!
    Been wanting to start this since I got the CemDance edition, but just haven't been able to make myself dive into a massive book yet!

I'm reading Pet Sematary. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by samhain View Post
    IT, is SK scariest novel in my humble opinion.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast