Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Current SK Read ~ - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Current SK Read ~

Default Re: Current SK Read ~

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Just finished Firestarter which I haven't read since it came out 30 years ago. Not one of his best - particularly following the likes of the The Shining and Salem's Lot - but an entertaining read as always. Now reading From a Buick 8 which I also read when it first came out but couldn't remember a single thing about except it involved a car.
    Just finished a re-read of From a Buick 8 and got a lot more out of it this time around. The book usually gets a rap of not being very good, and I agree it's probably not SK's best, but if you go into it without all the expectations of stealing a home run, then I feel there is much in the story to enjoy.

For me, I loved every bit of it this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BachmanKing9 View Post
    Just finished a re-read of From a Buick 8 and got a lot more out of it this time around. The book usually gets a rap of not being very good, and I agree it's probably not SK's best, but if you go into it without all the expectations of stealing a home run, then I feel there is much in the story to enjoy.

For me, I loved every bit of it this time around.

Hey, great minds think alike!!

I'm reading it now and agree with you BK. It gets no respect.............

It just seems that I will never finish Gerald´s Game!! I´m reading it in e-book, maybe if I buy the book I will finally finish!! I barely got to the part were she kicks him off the bed!!! O: and i'm a good reader!

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    Hey, great minds think alike!!

I'm reading it now and agree with you BK. It gets no respect.............
    Yeah, there really is a great deal of wisdom to be earned if one reads it and really listens.

I'm reading 'Salem's Lot, first time. After jumping around from Carrie to The Shining to The Stand to Christine, I decided to go back and do it chronologically. Heh. I really want to read 11/23/63 though!

I'm currently halfway through Lisey's Story. I tried reading it years ago and never made it past the first 50 pages. It's going much better this time around. Maybe the fact that I was a young, single teenager the first time I read it and now I've been happily married for 12 years might have something to do with it?

Night Shift - really enjoy re-reading those stories

Just finished DT5. Kicking myself for waiting so long to read this series.

Quote Originally Posted by bnearing View Post
    I'm currently halfway through Lisey's Story. I tried reading it years ago and never made it past the first 50 pages. It's going much better this time around. Maybe the fact that I was a young, single teenager the first time I read it and now I've been happily married for 12 years might have something to do with it?

Same here. I'm discovering that, now that I'm older, I'm enjoying SK novels that I didn't like or couldn't finish the first time around (like Lisey's Story and The Talisman)

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

The King Chronological Readers Group is getting ready to start Roadwork. Anyone interested in reading and commenting, come on by.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast