This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: skmbisms

Default Re: skmbisms

Ka is like "The Force" from Star Wars in a way, but also fate and karma, all wrapped into one. It is also a wheel and we all ride upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by dsurrett View Post
    Ka can mean fate, destiny, or God's will. From the Dark Tower series. Sound about right, Ms. Mod?
    except I might change that to Gan's Will to keep it in the Dark Tower context.

Ka = Wikipedia reference-linkKa (Dark Tower) a mysterious force that leads all living (and unliving) creatures. It is the will of Gan, the approximate equivalent of destiny or fate...Ka can be considered to be a guide, a destination, but is certainly not a plan - at least, not one that is known to mortals. Ka is not necessarily a force of good or evil; it manipulates both sides, and seems to have no definite morality of its own. The official Dark Tower site (see below) describes ka as the following: "Ka... signifies life-force, consciousness, duty and destiny. In the vulgate, or low speech, it also means a place to which an individual must go."

Quote Originally Posted by zelmonster View Post
    Anyone care to take a stab at explaining: PatInTheHat?
    There's just some things in life we will never understand the true meaning to.
    The multiverse? God? Aliens? PatInTheHat?...

Imho, Imo (IMHO, IMO) = In my humble opinion, In my opinion.

Ka-Tet: Literally speaking, ka-tet means "one made from many." Ka refers to destiny; tet refers to a group of people with the same interests or goals. Ka-tet is the place where man's lives are joined by fate.

Tet: A group of people with the same interests and goals.

Thinny, Thinnies: Thinnies are places where the fabric of existence has almost completely worn away. These cancerous "sores on the skin of existence" have increased in number since the Dark Tower began to fall.

Todash: In Wolves of the Calla, we are told that traveling todash is similar to the state of lucid dreaming. However, unlike lucid dreaming, both body and mind travel todash. On SKMB often means one who has disappeared or not been seen posting for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    I have nothing of worth to add here!
    All newbies please remember that when reading my posts.
    Ally me dear, You sell yourself short. I am sure the Ka-Tet would agree.[SPOILER]The SKMB wouldn't be near as much fun without your hysterical witSPOILER]

Quote Originally Posted by zelmonster View Post
    Thanks all. Anyone care to take a stab at explaining: Ka, Burrito, Turnip and PatInTheHat?
    I think PatInTheHat is unexplainable... (except I think he's just PatTheHat now) ((unless it means something else I'm unaware of?))

Also, I'll add AWSS means And What Spidey Said. You can replace the person and initials with whoever you want to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    Burrito is all mine. It is to signify when the discussion has become pointless. It says, "burritos are just as relevant as your point". It is also to signify when a thread has devolved to bickering and is no longer of any use. Another usage is "hey, lighten the F up, dude".

It just means thing have gotten so silly, why not talk about burritos instead? They are just as important.
    Burritos are very important. You just don't joke about some things.

Maybe someone can explain "Who's that tap-tap-tapping" I believe "trolls" but correct me if I am wrong..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast