This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost breaker

Default Re: Lost breaker

It's not one of his top favorites but my recollection is he thought they did an okay job with it although without having read the book, the concept of the low men didn't translate well to viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ela View Post
    you guys are awesome!

by the way... does anyone knows what Stephen King thought about the movie "Hearts in Atlantis"?

one day I found strange flyers around my park where I live and I am thinking of posting the one about GentleGiant seeking..
    I was so tempted to print it off and post it on a telegraph post

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    It's not one of his top favorites but my recollection is he thought they did an okay job with it although without having read the book, the concept of the low men didn't translate well to viewers.
    The concept of tall men doesn't translate well to me

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Interesting, thanks. I think they did a pretty good job with the movie by keeping it relatively simple and only focusing on the first story in the book. It did gloss over who/what Ted was, and the low men appeared more as possible general CIA who were hunting him down, with no real explanation of why. But again, I bought into it, as the movie felt more like a coming of age story about the kids and their experiences, rather than about Ted. I feel mentioning the low men/breakers/Mid~World would have confuzzled viewers with no prior knowledge of the books.

I've suspected Gordon "fu*%^ng" Ramsay of being a Can-toi (lowman) for a while now

surely that's a mask hiding a rats head?

Well now I've found proof

Attachment 15891

truly they are like the men in black

As Marsha has said you really need to read the DT series and all will be revealed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12