Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Interest for skmb convention? (2013) - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

Default Re: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

August is the busiest tourist time of year everywhere in the northern hemisphere ... is that really the leading choice right now? It's honestly about the worst time there is; no matter what the destination, we're going to be elbowing our way through armies of other tourists who are trying to squeeze in an outing before school starts. And everything is going to be at its most expensive to take advantage of that. I'd rather do Bangor in late January. Seriously, any other other time of year is going to be better than August.

I know we're not voting, but I'm going to anyway!!! My daughter is getting married August 11th and I go back to work at the end of August, so.....I'm hoping for the 17th & 18th or 3rd & 4th!!!

(pets, you are NOT going by yourself if it ends up being the 11th. We are going to be drinking wine together at the wedding. Just sayin')

Um, yeah, so apparantly I need to respond to my own post. T19, your daughter is getting married August 11th of THIS year.

Quote Originally Posted by randallFlaggfan1 View Post
    Hi, Tawn!

I'm not too terribly far from you. Washington state.
    Well, come on over; we'll have our own little SKMB pod. We have Wi-Fi all set up, too.

...Those dates look good, shouldn't interfere with my taking the show car to our annual downtown Summer Cruise-In...yeah I know, but if I'm waxin' that baby-it's a goin'....

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    I just took a quick look at the location & month poll, and it's looking like Bangor in July or August is going to win outas our locale for the Great SKMB Hobnob.

I say we meet closer to the end of August, and choose between the 17-18 and 24-25.

(Was all of that clear as mud? I hope so. I'm just trying to get a weekend established so that people can have the option of making reservations for anything well in advance.)

I'd suggest one of the later weekends mentioned. I've only been camping once and don't plan on increasing that number, so a non-peak weekend would be good.
    Has anyone talked about how long the event would be? Thursday or Friday through Sunday, with people coming and going as their schedules allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...Those dates look good, shouldn't interfere with my taking the show car to our annual downtown Summer Cruise-In...yeah I know, but if I'm waxin' that baby-it's a goin'....
    If you bring it here on a Wednesday, you can join others at Nicky's Cruisin' Diner where they have a get together every week in the summer and people bring their classic cars. The diner is a favorite spot of Steve's when he's in town and they make real old-fashioned milkshakes, prices are reasonable, food is diner-style comfort food.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaris View Post
    I'd rather do Bangor in late January. Seriously, any other other time of year is going to be better than August.
    And as an added attraction, the end of July/beginning of August is typically when they have the Bangor State Fair--the largest state fair in Maine which is held at Bass Park, the location of the infamous Paul Bunyan statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    If you bring it here on a Wednesday, you can join others at Nicky's Cruisin' Diner where they have a get together every week in the summer and people bring their classic cars. The diner is a favorite spot of Steve's when he's in town and they make real old-fashioned milkshakes, prices are reasonable, food is diner-style comfort food.
    ...Well spank my mouse!...I'd even let him drive the old girl...after he cleaned the bugs off, from the trip up there...

I'm not sure this image will post...but our Cruise-In is pretty big for our little town...

Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast