Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Interest for skmb convention? (2013) - Page 24

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

Default Re: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

Wish I still worked for Amtrak, for many reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    So do we...

Yes, about that.
    I was just thinking about you and your insider info on train travel. Can coordinating schedules even be done without extra expense and heartache? Is it too impractical?
    Of course we have to wait to see for sure when it's going to happen but I was wondering how we could pull off matching train stuff and words..... I don't even know what I am saying LOL.
    Lord bless me I mean well.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    My sister and I are coming in from Seattle by train. If anyone wants to meet along the way that would be word. (I couldn't think of the right word for FEKKING WONDERFUL, so I said word.)
    The Stevewarts Express at gate 19 1/2 full of first years.

I am going to start looking into this as soon as we get a solid date. This is word.
    Hi, Patricia-

If things do work out for the better and I'm actually able to meet up with the MB, your idea would be perfect for me, as you're relatively close to me. Roughly 3 hours away, I think.

Patricia, I worked in the Engineering Dept not directly on the transit side. I just drew 'em.

But yes, I do know of instances where groups of people traveled together to attend staff meetings and things of that nature. (I've done it) and hell, it's fun.

Mr. Joe Biden would take himself and staff to DC from Delaware all the time before he was VP. Same with sports teams. You can rent out an entire car. or more.

I will get on it for more details. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post

I tried to resist responding this way--predictably--but y'all make it too damn easy for me to give into temptation!
    Wery pert, Miss oh so young and pretty. Wery pert indeed.

Patricia, I worked in the Engineering Dept not directly on the transit side. I just drew 'em.

But yes, I do know of instances where groups of people traveled together to attend staff meetings and things of that nature. (I've done it) and hell, it's fun.

Mr. Joe Biden would take himself and staff to DC from Delaware all the time before he was VP. Same with sports teams. You can rent out an entire car. or more.

I will get on it for more details. Promise.
    Thank you into infinity!!!!!

I wish I could just draw a train

I was going to say something stupid about "pulling" a train...then realized how way the hell out of proportion THAT would get...ummmmmmm blown, si I'll simply retire to the sleeping car and pull the covers over me head...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    I was going to say something stupid about "pulling" a train...then realized how way the hell out of proportion THAT would get...ummmmmmm blown, si I'll simply retire to the sleeping car and pull the covers over me head...
    OMG I KNEW IT! LMFAO!!! I knew someone was going to catch that and I was almost certain it would be you! You sooo bad! I am far too old and tired for that type of shenanagree. I'd be doing good to pull a wagon, may not even survive that.... folks can die like that you know.
    Thanks for the hearty laugh in my morning coffee Scott, you bad boy.

The poll is officially closed and we have a date! So round up your hobs and polish your nobs, start making plans and quit your jobs.... not really, don't quit your jobs. I should get my poetic license pulled for that one. We have chosen the weekend of July 19th, 2013.

My wife thinks we should drive so we can see the sites along the way, especially Washington, DC. 1400 miles from Birmingham to Bangor. At least I have a year to try to overrule her. I'd rather get on a plane on Wednesday morning and have dinner at the place in Bangor that has the weekly classic car shows.

Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast