This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

Default Re: Interest for skmb convention? (2013)

A reminder to all. This is next year, 2013.
    I'd hate for someone to show up in Bangor this summer to find themselves all alone and friendless, thinking that this whole thing was a cruel joke played on them by the SKMBers, thus flinging themselves off of a bridge and into the abyss never to be seen or heard from again. OK?

The poll is officially closed and we have a date! So round up your hobs and polish your nobs, start making plans and quit your jobs.... not really, don't quit your jobs. I should get my poetic license pulled for that one. We have chosen the weekend of July 19th, 2013.
    Why, that's fantastic news! Thank you for sharing.

A reminder to all. This is next year, 2013.
    I'd hate for someone to show up in Bangor this summer to find themselves all alone and friendless, thinking that this whole thing was a cruel joke played on them by the SKMBers, thus flinging themselves off of a bridge and into the abyss never to be seen or heard from again. OK?

I am putting it on my calendar.

Is anyone else bringing their horde, I mean, family?

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I'd hate for someone to show up in Bangor this summer to find themselves all alone and friendless, thinking that this whole thing was a cruel joke played on them by the SKMBers, thus flinging themselves off of a bridge and into the abyss never to be seen or heard from again.
    They'd have to drive to Bucksport ... the Chamberlain just isn't high enough.

Okay, so it's going to be July 19th (weekend) in Bangor right? Is there a specific hotel this is going to be at or are we not there yet? I'm going to have to start saving ASAP so I'm trying to get an idea of the expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieJo View Post
    Okay, so it's going to be July 19th (weekend) in Bangor right? Is there a specific hotel this is going to be at or are we not there yet? I'm going to have to start saving ASAP so I'm trying to get an idea of the expenses.
    Yes it will be in Bangor but we don't have a specific spot staked out yet. We had mentioned reserving a campsite out of city limits to hold the event and camp out, and maybe those who don't want to camp can find accommodations at local hotels. I don't think that there will be too big of a crowd so I'm hoping finding a place to stay won't be too difficult.

I will get with the organizers this coming week to see where we are in the planning. Gosh I wish I knew WTF I was doing. I am so lame at making ideas happen. However, thank Gan I was born with a butt load of not giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieJo View Post
    We're not that far along yet. Even what we have is not written in stone but gradually hardening concrete with a view to becoming stone. Stay tuned.

Let me know if there's anything I can do on this end. Getting in touch with the gal at the Bangor Visitors & Convention Center could be a big help in the planning of where to hold the event and she's the one who could put together the bus tour of Stephen King sites if people are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Let me know if there's anything I can do on this end. Getting in touch with the gal at the Bangor Visitors & Convention Center could be a big help in the planning of where to hold the event and she's the one who could put together the bus tour of Stephen King sites if people are interested.
    Only because you have nothing else to do, Mod, and because you just so happen to live there, we will probably use you as a local resource for continuing, good ideas and specific help. I think to contact the lady you mention is a perfect idea; in fact, to begin to gather as much info as she may supply sounds like the perfect next step to me.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Only because you have nothing else to do, Mod, and because you just so happen to live there, we will probably use you as a local resource for continuing, good ideas and specific help. I think to contact the lady you mention is a perfect idea; in fact, to begin to gather as much info as she may supply sounds like the perfect next step to me.
    Is anybody tossing a ballpark attendance figure around yet? 20? 100? Seems like that would have a lot to do with the planning.

Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast