This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Release Date?

Default Re: Release Date?

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    What is this "book with a one word title beginning with J" of which you speak MsUnderstood???
    Quote Originally Posted by MsUnderstood View Post
    Ooh, quoting meself in a post feels a wee bit weird, but there ya go.

Just got the okay from Scribner to release the publication date for Doctor Sleep. It is tentatively set for January 15, 2013. Here's the catalog copy:

Stephen King returns to the characters and territory of one of his most popular novels ever, The Shining, in this instantly riveting novel about the now middle-aged Dan Torrance (the boy protagonist of The Shining) and the very special twelve-year-old girl he must save from a tribe of murderous paranormals.

On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless—mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and tween Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the “steam” that children with the “shining” produce when they are slowly tortured to death.
    Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant “shining” power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.”
    Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of hyper-devoted readers of The Shining and wildly satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.

My guess is it will be a simultaneous release in the UK as it has been with recent releases, but will have to check with Hodder to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by MsUnderstood View Post
    Booooohiiisssssssss...don't even think it!!

Uncle Stevie will publish another book this year because I'm going to do an Andy Dufresne and send him begging letters, every week. Many, many letters until he--or Ms Mod--caves under the pressure of my demands. Or until the restraining order kicks in. Whichever.
    I wish he would give us 3 books a year like in the old days. He hasn't released more than one book a year since 2004 with DT6 and DT7. Anyway I really hope it does come out on that day miss mod gave us. I hope it isn't pushed back!

WOW! Does that synopsis not make you want to explode with excitement?! I CANNOT WAIT for this book!

I'm guessing this news is going to make a lot of people's days!

Quote Originally Posted by King fan from trinidad View Post
    I wish he would give us 3 books a year like in the old days. He hasn't released more than one book a year since 2004 with DT6 and DT7. Anyway I really hope it does come out on that day miss mod gave us. I hope it isn't pushed back!
    If you take a look at the list of novels on this page (if you click on the Date column, it will sort them by year of publication), having 3 books published in one year only happened once back in 1987. There have been some years (especially when he was also publishing as Richard Bachman), when there have been two books out in the same year and here's what's come out since 2004:

Cell and Lisey's Story both came out in 2006

Duma Key and Just After Sunset came out in 2008

Dan Torrence? wow. I love it already. and I feel old. lol

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    WOW! Does that synopsis not make you want to explode with excitement?! I CANNOT WAIT for this book!
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...

Mrs Mod

According to stephenking.com@skdotcom_news on twitter Doctor Sleep release date has been changed. Is this true? If it is do you have any idea how long until the new release date is released?

Thanks Long days...

Yes, it will be delayed but I do not know yet when it will be released.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast