This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Release Date?

Default Re: Release Date?

"Just the facts, Ma'am" -- say thankee MsMod. That is why it is the official Stephen King information site.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Have been playing phone tag with Steve's foreign rights agent so still don't have a final answer for you, however, it is more likely that this is old information from when it was first thought that Doctor Sleep might be coming out in January in the US. That is one reason why we don't post every single thing that is out there on the internet about Stephen just to be the first ones to have it on-line. It creates a lot of confusion for fans and extra work for me. I don't have as much of a problem with doing that when the change happens after we have announced something that we legitimately thought to be accurate but then due to unforeseen circumstances have to change it. That happens but we try to hold off until we have the final word so that you can count on the information you get on this site to be accurate. We may not always be the first to announce, but you've got a lot better chance at knowing that what you read here is something you can count on.
    If Doctor Sleep was originally set to go in January 2013, and Mr. King read portions of it aloud at his appearances and included a large excerpt with the audiobook of The Wind Through the Keyhole, it sounds as though the delay shouldn't be that long. Should we expect it still during the winter of 2013? Because then Joyland comes out a few months later.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    If Doctor Sleep was originally set to go in January 2013, and Mr. King read portions of it aloud at his appearances and included a large excerpt with the audiobook of The Wind Through the Keyhole, it sounds as though the delay shouldn't be that long. Should we expect it still during the winter of 2013? Because then Joyland comes out a few months later.
    Highly unlikely, but the definitive date has not been set at this time. It's still in the editing process and Steve does not feel it's ready to go yet. The date for Joyland is set as June 2013 regardless of when Doctor Sleep comes out.

Any updates on when we might possibly see this? Any announcements forthcoming, perhaps?

An announcement is definitely forthcoming--just don't know when!

lol

We've had a couple of news stories this morning so people may have missed that the official release date for Scribner and Hodder & Stoughton has been announced as September 24, 2013.

Is the release date for the ebook version or is it the paperback version? I find that sometimes the ebook version comes out first but it is still not available in stores at that point (or for some other authors it only comes out in ebook).

... that's .... ...a year from now... oh ...

oh well...i've been wanting to re-read some of the old stuff, anyway...i guess ths gives me time... lotsand lots and lots of time...oodles, even...

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh View Post
    Is the release date for the ebook version or is it the paperback version? I find that sometimes the ebook version comes out first but it is still not available in stores at that point (or for some other authors it only comes out in ebook).
    It will be the first release of the book and the format will be hardcover, not paperback. I don't know yet if the ebook will be a simultaneous publication.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast