Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fifty Shades of Grey? - Page 10

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    They're selling these novels in the convenience store in the lobby of my office building! Talk about going mainstream. I think I'd be a bit embarrassed to buy one of these where my co-workers might see me.
    Why, because the writing sucks or the subject matter? I'd go for the former...for once I don't jest!

Oh my good gravy...my poor Midwestern naivete doesn't know what to think about all that!

Then I realized she was self-published.

Oh, really?? I hadn't realized that..

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Why does that kill your plan? Because she is RAKING in the dough!
    I know ... but I think it's a fluke. I see those self-published books on Amazon all the time, and most of them just seem to be languishing in a sad little space. If I had to come up with a plot, mine wouldn't do any better. (Sad to know the limits of your own talent, but that is mine: things that sound decent in my head look dumb as a box of hammers on paper, and I can never come up with a satisfactory conclusion.)

Now, while in this case I wouldn't have to come up with a plot and can pretty much guarantee at least a fun read ... I think her evil plan worked because she already had a fanfic following, piggybacking off Twilight—and she set the ebook price at $10, a pretty crazy amount to charge for a self-published ebook, which worked partially because it just helped her get more money and partially because not setting your price too low is a psychological trick to make your goods seem worthwhile.

On the other hand ... it's not like I want to be independently wealthy. I just want to finish the basement and buy some furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    Oh my good gravy...my poor Midwestern naivete doesn't know what to think about all that!
    My advice? Don't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    What if they get lost inside? Hey, a few months back we had a man brought into the department with a dild0 stuck inside him, so I sure as heck wouldn't trust where two little balls could end up!
    I thought about that ... but I think (hidden for those of a delicate constitution)

the cervix would keep them within the confined area of the vagina, where they could be fairly easily fished out.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Why, because the writing sucks or the subject matter? I'd go for the former...for once I don't jest!
    A new girl at my work had it sitting on her desk and I told her she was brave. It was definitely because of the subject matter!

While not stellar by any means, I thought some of the writing was amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I thought about that ... but I think (hidden for those of a delicate constitution)

the cervix would keep them within the confined area of the vagina, where they could be fairly easily fished out.
    I dunno though, I've also encountered girls with

tampons and condoms stuck up there which have needed to be removed in hospital.

On the other hand ... it's not like I want to be independently wealthy. I just want to finish the basement and buy some furniture.
    Well I'll buy a book from you! Just let me know when and where.

But I do agree. It HAS to be a fluke. There's so many books out there with the exact same sex base. I wish I knew what the secret to the fluke was, though.

Here, Shasta, this is for you. In case you thought I was kidding about the Amazon.com thing.

Kate R

2 Weeks Ago
    My husband bought some of the silver balls that are used in the book and they are pretty amazing. If you are looking for some I would recommend these as they are surgical stainless steel and easy to clean. Check out the link below to see the listing on Amazon.

http://amzn.to/KndG3J

Kate Rlikes this.
    I believed you! And now my eyeballs have jumped out of my head and run away. Dang.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast