This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by champ1966 View Post
    One of the comics,passing themselves off as a newspaper,over here have predicted a baby boom in 9 months because of women reading this book.What tosh
    Have you been reading The Sun again? Ooh, you very naughty boy! Is that what they said? Haha, well I won't be one of the baby boomers, say sorry. And not just because I'm single, but the first book was damn unsexy and not a turn on! I still don't see the attraction. Maybe I should try the second book...

Not my cup of coffee, I prefer books that have a decent story that you can read and understand

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Have you been reading The Sun again?
    Hey Ally I've actually managed to not set my eyes on a single copy of "The Sun on Sunday"

I was a bit sick then

Ahh, the true meaning of "saucy!"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...tacked-1138738

well i have actually just read the first one and i would say they are not really that well written but the explicit nature of the books is good. they say it was written by a woman but as i have read a load of erotica novels in the past (mostly black lace ones) i would say it was mild compared to some i have read lately. i am hoping that the second book is as good as they are all making out as my hubby has got me the other 2. the one thing i can say about the books is that me and my hubby were gong through a wee bit of a slump in the bedroom and in our relationship and i can safely say after reading this book myself then him reading it we have connected again. what must be a good thing ??? oh and as for the ending of the first book i did get emotional and cry (alot) so it couldn't of been that bad if i invested my time in to the character of and and felt so bad for her at the end and her emotional split from mr grey x

I've noticed that WalMart has the book wrapped in plastic. So I never had the chance to flip through the book until yesterday at a Kroger's grocery store. And from what I read, it made me blush a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_one3 View Post
    I've noticed that WalMart has the book wrapped in plastic. So I never had the chance to flip through the book until yesterday at a Kroger's grocery store. And from what I read, it made me blush a bit.
    It made me blush a lot too. My grandma is the next in my family to read it. I can't wait to hear her opinion!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_one3 View Post
    Wrapping it in plastic probably increases the sales.

I find the titles of the rip offs like Eighty Days Yellow quite amusing.

i made the mistake of reading it...now theres a couple of hours i will never get back! its just girl meets boy ..boy is all screwed up but likes rough naughty adult time...she is near perfect virgin who seems to be able to orgasim on cue! (if i can say that on here?) then they fall madly in love and he changes for her and becomes just like her...annoying pathetic and bland

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast