This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    It seems every time I turn around I'm hearing something about this trilogy of books by E L James. I didn't think they sounded like my cup of tea, but they seem to be so popular right now.

This was copied and pasted from Amazon, it gives a little blurb about each book:

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly Ana realizes she wants this man, and Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian’s secrets and explores her own desires.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian’s dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana has broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life.

FIFTY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana’s deepest fears into reality.

​Has anyone here read them? What did you think?
    I have read only the first one so far. I found it quite titillating (hope I spelled that right!) and actually easy to read. I thought it was well written. I am waiting for the second installment through my local library. The first one leaves you hanging (excuse the pun) so that you want to read the second book

I read the first one. I was not impressed. I found myself laughing through most of it. I have the other 2 on my reader and will most likely read them at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    To me, the best part of the whole story is where they say she was attacked by her boyfriend who was using "brown sauce". I remember first trying that in London and thought it was a strange name for a sauce.

I must be sexually frustrated or something (my husband is way up North in Baker Lake, Nunavut) but I did get some enjoyment out of this book. It is at least better than Danielle Steele. Someone left one of her books in our coffee room and I picked it up and started reading it. Holy Cow! Melodramatic or what? How she sold 590 million copies of anything is beyond me. There must be 590 million people out there with bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_one3 View Post
    I've noticed that WalMart has the book wrapped in plastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    Wrapping it in plastic probably increases the sales.
    10/10 for the guy who dreamt up this marketing strategy!

HA HA HA HA! Ingenious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    HA HA HA HA! Ingenious.
    I know, right? Nothing like a bit of subliminal suggestion.

That is awesome, Ally. Thanks for sharing

I haven't read them, and the comment "not well written" is enough to turn off any interest I might have had in the erotic content. There is plenty of good erotica if that is one's preference.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast