Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Fifty Shades of Grey? - Page 20

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I know you did but I didn't believe you!
    Hey, the other night I tried to convince my friend's husband I read the first book purely for research purposes. That took some explaining before he believed I wasn't referring to the sex scenes, and I only wanted to be informed when criticising my friends for liking it. Atrocious writing!

P.S. The nice church lady came in today, and I showed her the 50 Shades books, just in case. I don't want to censor people's stuff, you know. She was mortified LOL! I took her to the romance section, showed her a few books she might like and set her loose with a 20% off coupon where she opted for some nice Debbie Macomber.
    We submitted paperwork for free books for her church charity auction @ Easter and all was tickety boo.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicinchworm View Post
    To be fair, while the BDSM in the books is being made a big deal of, it is very very mild.

Mrs. EL James obviously doesn't have a kinky bone in her body.

On the subject of chruch ladies, my MIL goes to a group reading club once a month, one of them brought the book up and the oldest among them (80s) was the one who had read it. She was like "Well, there was just so much talk about it; I had to see what the big deal was!"

It helps that despite their denomination (Reformed Mormon. I don't know the proper title. Todash would call me a godless heathen about now), they are a pretty open and progressive group of ladies.
    Sigh ... Get it right. Godless heathen pagan pinko commie with antidisestablishmentarianistic tendencies.

Lordy this book (the bits I read of it, anyway) was awful.

http://www.newzjunky.com/police/coplog130213slcso.htm Apparently there are other uses for these books than simple reading..

I wish it was like Gerald's game.....

I read it. Don't love it and don't want to read any more, It's like a teenage love story, gushy w/ sex scenes. Nothing to look forward to, alot of the same over and over again.

I'm on page 170 of the book and unfortunately, I'm 13.. It may not be your "cup of tea." I love it; you could just imagine the characters, but the life Ana is living in the story is totally unrealistic. I mean, who would agree to being in this kind of environment? I would not. So, if you want something to pass time, I'd recommend it. It depends what kind of stories you like. It includes bondage, too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWumbo View Post
    I'm on page 170 of the book and unfortunately, I'm 13.. It may not be your "cup of tea." I love it; you could just imagine the characters, but the life Ana is living in the story is totally unrealistic. I mean, who would agree to being in this kind of environment? I would not. So, if you want something to pass time, I'd recommend it. It depends what kind of stories you like. It includes bondage, too. lol
    Micah! How is it that 13-year-olds even know what that word means? Sheesh... I must be getting really old.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

My sister read bits of "50 Shades of S***"(quoting my son on the title) and said that I wrote better. Better what? Sexytime stuff or just better? Wasn't sure how to take that.
    HOWEVER, if Gilbert Gottfried did an audio reading of the entire book rather than just that goofy clip on You Tube, I'd listen.
    I need a good laugh!
    One more thing. Did anyone see the movie Secretary with Maggie Gyllenhaal and James Spader?
    How about 50 Shades of Plagiarism?
    xxoo anni m
    Last edited by Anni M; March 13th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    Skeleton Jack might catch you in the back and scream like a banshee, make you jump out of your skin!

I tried to read it.
    Don't like it. Maybe it's just not mine...

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast