This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 205

Thread: Fifty Shades of Grey?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    You should go ahead and read it. I would if I wasn't so old and had time to read everything LOL!
    Ahh but time is precious, my pretty, especially when there's so many good books in the world to read. Okay, I am heading in now for a second attempt, see if I can overcome the instant distaste I felt at the word "wow"...I have no doubt I shall be back soon!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    Iconoclastic, erotoplastic, abused females fabulastic,
    Make the money, get the dough, Sell out all you want, you know,
    Filthy tarts, dogs with fleas, you do not have enough knees,

    Bleh. Gave up on the instant poetry attempt, but it was off to a decent start.

    Couldn't think of any good rhyme with "Rihanna."
    Piana. Old-timey pronunciation of piano.

    You're welcome. Pray continue.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Great Pacific North-West
    Posts
    5,332

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan James View Post
    Iconoclastic, erotoplastic, abused females fabulastic,
    Make the money, get the dough, Sell out all you want, you know,
    Filthy tarts, dogs with fleas, you do not have enough knees,

    Bleh. Gave up on the instant poetry attempt, but it was off to a decent start.

    Couldn't think of any good rhyme with "Rihanna."
    Banana?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Piana. Old-timey pronunciation of piano.
    Yar, I'm surprised he didn't see that one. It was the obvious word that sprang to my mind also.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    So things happen when you post before you've read the whole thread. I still can't read it myself. The sample I read was... not to my taste shall we say. Seeing as how I shan't be reading it I'll keep my critiques to myself.. other than to say. GAAAK OH MY EYES! MY POOR EYES AND BRAINS.
    Hmm ... okay. Since you looked, so shall I.

    Checking out an excerpt now. The first paragraph is about a bad hair day. If I picked this up in a bookstore, randomly, I'd put it back posthaste. Blah blah ... skimming ... blah blah ... nothing remotely interesting, sounds like every Harlequin romance novel I ever borrowed from my mom's bedroom as a preteen (male/female power imbalance fully in play) ... skim through to chapter 5, still nothing interesting. Awkward, stilted writing. Back to Google to find another excerpt that at least contains some naughty bits. Because that's the whole point, right?

    Well, hellllooo nurse. What an awful lot of hair-pulling and oily spanking we've got here. Still, I'm not getting what the fuss is about. It seems like a spicier version of a paint-by-numbers romance novel. That is, exactly like Twilight, except with more sexytimes and less sparkling.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville, Arkansas
    Posts
    710

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Hmm ... okay. Since you looked, so shall I.

    Checking out an excerpt now. The first paragraph is about a bad hair day. If I picked this up in a bookstore, randomly, I'd put it back posthaste. Blah blah ... skimming ... blah blah ... nothing remotely interesting, sounds like every Harlequin romance novel I ever borrowed from my mom's bedroom as a preteen (male/female power imbalance fully in play) ... skim through to chapter 5, still nothing interesting. Awkward, stilted writing. Back to Google to find another excerpt that at least contains some naughty bits. Because that's the whole point, right?

    Well, hellllooo nurse. What an awful lot of hair-pulling and oily spanking we've got here. Still, I'm not getting what the fuss is about. It seems like a spicier version of a paint-by-numbers romance novel. That is, exactly like Twilight, except with more sexytimes and less sparkling.
    How about shirtless werewolves? That's a pre-requistite for a best seller nowadays isn't it? Maybe shirtless werewolves with $500 hair cuts? 50 SHADES OF BLEK!!!!!!!!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Great Pacific North-West
    Posts
    5,332

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Here's my Ode to Filthy Shades of Grey

    If I read this whole book
    I think I would die
    Or take a big needle
    and poke out my eye

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Okay, I've tried and gave up. I can't handle the torture any longer, and I haven't even reached the porno bits yet! I've persevered to the end of chapter two, and I'm officially done. The writing is atrocious, and extremely repetitive...awful! At least I gave it a shot, though. Bleuurrgghhh!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    wyoming
    Posts
    2,207

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Here's my Ode to Filthy Shades of Grey

    If I read this whole book
    I think I would die
    Or take a big needle
    and poke out my eye


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the beach in crazy LA!
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: Fifty Shades of Grey?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Ahh but time is precious, my pretty, especially when there's so many good books in the world to read. Okay, I am heading in now for a second attempt, see if I can overcome the instant distaste I felt at the word "wow"...I have no doubt I shall be back soon!
    There's a whole lot of "oh my gosh" too.

    I don't think if someone approached me with various clamps for my anatomy and told me to call them "Master" that my first thought would be "Oh my gosh!"

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •