Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Is it worth it? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Re: Is it worth it?

I had trouble too. But JD said so and thats good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    I had trouble too. But JD said so and thats good enough for me.
    Thanks guys I'll be sure to pick it up soon! I remember reading that JD cried while reading this book in public. If it really is that emotional I think I'm gonna love it!

It's not one of my favourites. BUT just because it's not one of mine doesn't mean it's not worth reading. You may love it. Only you can judge that. So don't let anyone elses opinion sway you - if you think it sounds interesting, go ahead and read it.

IMO, yes. Some parts in the middle are kind of hard to get through, but the ending was just...great. It almost had me in tears.

I am deep in the story and it is an audio CD set from the library. I am moved and sincerly horrified at the real monsters SK brings into focus between Scott's dad and Dooley. I hesitate to listen at times as Scott's past is so desperate. Lisey is "a strong women" stronger than I. I would say love storey above all else.

AWESOME book. Very, very creepy, and such a good plot. Booya Moon, strange place.....

Okay this has encouraged me to go back to Lisey and Manda now after I pit the book down a few weeks ago. I agree it's a little trying, but while reading I was thinking to myself that the heaviness and sense of confusion seemed very fitting considering the grief she feels over losing Scott. Takes a little longer to get the action, but I've rarely dumped a book, and never a King, so I'm glad I saw this thread. Thanks!

I am reading it now, and so far, I REALLY LIKE IT! It is creepy for me in a way, though (which isn't a bad thing, I don't think) because it reminds me a lot of my wife and I. But I must say, I'm hooked. Just started part 2!

Do stick with it, well worth it. I cried at the end and the reread was even more satisfying.

One of the best love stories I've read.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast