Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Well I also finished this one. - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well I also finished this one.

Default Re: Well I also finished this one.

Hitting the end of TK soon, hundred or so pages left. Great story so far, knew Peter would resurface.

Last forty pages. Come on Peter and David!!

Done. Pretty good story, actually. Last twenty pages were the best, next to the Shed parts. Bittersweet ending, though:

Peter being hooked up not surviving, but then David winds up making it on the last two pages

I just re-read The "Tommyknockers "after about 20 years . I liked it a lot better the second time. The made for tv movie sucked though.

Quote Originally Posted by petethemag View Post
    I just re-read The "Tommyknockers "after about 20 years . I liked it a lot better the second time. The made for tv movie sucked though.
    Now that I've read the book, I'm going to pop the DVD in and let the good times roll.

Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    i felt most of it was kind of repetative...in a similar way that 'needful things was, but, somehow, i liked that one quite abit more...
    I think it's interesting that you mention Needful Things along with Tommyknockers and how they are both a bit "off." I read both of these around the same time and felt like they weren't his best. Then I read somewhere that he wrote these (and others I would guess considering the timespan of 4 - 5 years) when he was drinking and using drugs heavily. If that is true, it would explain the "off"-ness compared with some of his other works.

I've read most of King's books at least twice, but this is one that I haven't reread. I never really cared about the characters, which is unusual, so the book just didn't grab me. Maybe I need to do a reread and give it a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois007 View Post
    I think it's interesting that you mention Needful Things along with Tommyknockers and how they are both a bit "off." I read both of these around the same time and felt like they weren't his best. Then I read somewhere that he wrote these (and others I would guess considering the timespan of 4 - 5 years) when he was drinking and using drugs heavily. If that is true, it would explain the "off"-ness compared with some of his other works.
    I've heard Needful Things was the first book he wrote after he gave up drugs and alcohol. Maybe that is a reason. I haven't read that one, but I read Tommyknockers last year, or the year before. I thought it was alright.

Tommyknockers is probably my least favourite of his and Needful Things isn't really up there either.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I enjoyed the Tommyknockers. The story flowed just fine for me and with the exception of one or two, I liked and connected with the characters. Of course the made for tv movie wasn't as good. Trying to condense that book into that amount of time is going to leave a lot to be desired, as is the case with any SK book.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123