Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers] - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Jake/George: Paul Rudd (not sure of height)

Sadie:
    Robin Wright (not sure of height)

Deke:
    James Woods

Ellie Dockerty:
    Dianne Wiest

Lee Harvey Oswald:
    Paul Giamatti

Al Templeton: Michael Chiklis

George De Mohrenschildt: Brian Cox

Harry Dunning:
    Gary Sinise

The ages are probably all wrong, but these are the faces that I see going along with the characters.

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

It's scary how well she fit the role of Jacqueline Kennedy in that series... Looks-wise she was, as clearly depicted by the picture above, a spot on match. She also did a hell of a job delivering that role, and along with Barry Pepper, I think they made that show.

I'm of two minds about Giamatti for a possible Oswald, on the one hand it's a matter of looks and weight, on another I have to admit he's the kind of actor that could give something to that portrayal, I'm not sure what and this doesn't mean I'm on the wagon for him.

I do know I got Pepper screwed up with Giovanni Ribisi, however I remember thinking it would be ironic for Pepper to play the Oswald right after playing JFK.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogie View Post
    Is photobombing GoogleMaps's picture of the Volkswagen HQ aspiring enough?

Attachment 15618
    Yeppur.....

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonerNumber6 View Post

I do know I got Pepper screwed up with Giovanni Ribisi, however I remember thinking it would be ironic for Pepper to play the Oswald right after playing JFK.
    You mean RFK? Greg Kinnear played JFK in that miniseries.

Which I'm sure you know, just had to tease a little.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

I don't know, I don't keep up w/all the new actors & actresses either...but as I was reading the story, some parts I could really see happening & I thought to myself that I could picture a great movie based on this story. Of course, it'll never be as good as the book, but if done right, it would be a movie that I would love to see.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Wait a minute...Leonardo DiCaprio, he's a cutie, I do know him....he'd be a handsome, believable Jake....

What about Jake Gyllenhaal as Jake/George?

There was so much of the book dedicated to the height issues around Sadie and George, I think the casting director should try to find actors and actresses of relatively tall stature to honor the "feel" of the storyline as much as possible.

My apologies, your right, I did get Kinear and Pepper mixed up. Damn hands type too fast for my own good.

Having time to think about it, I've come to the conclusion that of the two actors Barry Pepper or Giovanni Ribisi, Ribisi is the one you want to have for the role of Oswald. I think Pepper could do it, yet he has this tough guy image going for him and in the book Oswald is described "Just a little kid", in other words not a tough guy but a shrimp with a mean streak.

Ribisi doesn't look like anyone's idea of a a tough guy, yet he's a good actor and with those haunted eyes he could potentially pull it off.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast