Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers] - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonerNumber6 View Post
    I'm of two minds about Giamatti for a possible Oswald, on the one hand it's a matter of looks and weight, on another I have to admit he's the kind of actor that could give something to that portrayal, I'm not sure what and this doesn't mean I'm on the wagon for him.

I do know I got Pepper screwed up with Giovanni Ribisi, however I remember thinking it would be ironic for Pepper to play the Oswald right after playing JFK.
    Paul Giamatti is a great actor but I think he is too old to play Oswald. People may forget that Oswald was only 24 when he shot JFK.

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

I think you may have potential Green Card Man in Anthony Mackey (Adjustment Bureau). The only problem there is if it will give the audience the wrong idea and if casting him for that role (if at all) is too much repetition for the actor. Either way, you've got to admit he'd be a good candidate.

LindaSalem Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Jake/George: Paul Rudd (not sure of height)

Sadie:
    Robin Wright (not sure of height)

Deke:
    James Woods

Ellie Dockerty:
    Dianne Wiest

Lee Harvey Oswald:
    Paul Giamatti

Al Templeton: Michael Chiklis

George De Mohrenschildt: Brian Cox

Harry Dunning:
    Gary Sinise

The ages are probably all wrong, but these are the faces that I see going along with the characters.
    Personally, I don't think ages or heights are important. I know they were mentioned several times in the book but I think they don't really have that much effect on the plot and it's more important to have people who bring this thing to life. So , if we ignore height and age, I think many of your suggestions are spot on but I think Tom Hanks would be beyond awesome as Jake/George. Robin Wright was amazing as Mary Surratt in Conspiritor and she would be perfect as Sadie. James Woods would be very good as Deke but I think Tommy Lee Jones would fit in that role as well. The Oswald role is dicey and age is important in his case. While I really like Donald Sutherland as De Mohrenschildt, Brian Cox was amazing in RED and he certainly needs to be in this movie, if not in this role then as one of the other important Russian ex-pats. I wonder if Katie Holmes could pull off the role of Marina Oswald? How say you other Constant Readers.

You know, the more I think it over I'm convinced the role of Oswald will have to be the one part that will have to go to an unknown actor, someone fresh out of the box who's also a fairly good look alike and can act the part.

What led me to this conclusion is that every Name actor I mentally placed in the role was too much of a distraction from the character. Instead of thinking, Hey it's Oswald! I kept thinking, it's just so and so pretending to be Oswald. I'm coming to see that the trick with this character is you want to be focused on the real historical personality and not on some actor playing a part.

In that sense, I was sort of right when I said Gary Oldman was still the only know name actor who could do it, however whoever pointed out he was too old is also right. So that leaves an as yet undiscovered up and comer for the role.

What do you think? Agree or disagree?

In my mind this is how I pictured Lee Harvey Oswald......

Jim Parsons from Big Bang Theory

Attachment 15751

and this is my Sadie

Attachment 15752

ooops! I think my Lee Harvey Oswald choice disappeared from my last message! Here it is again....

Attachment 15753

Good choices!

Quote Originally Posted by JellybeanJay View Post
    In my mind this is how I pictured Lee Harvey Oswald......

Attachment 15751

and this is my Sadie

Attachment 15752

Jim Parsons is an interesting choice. Since I only saw him in The Big Bang Theory I'm having a hard time picturing him as Oswald, but he's an awesome actor who I think can pull it off. Still my first choice for the role is Casey Affleck.

Leo Dicaprio is my pick.

I pictured Gerard Butler as Jake/George while reading the book. Mmmmmm...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast