This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

I agree with those who mentioned Ryan Gosling as Jake/George. In my opinion, he's one of the best actors out there today.

As for Sadie, maybe someone like Jessica Chastain. (Loved her in "the Help") She is a redhead, but that could easily be changed for the role.
    I think Rachel McAdams would be great too....although would be awkward for Ryan and Rachel.

I like the idea of Jim Parsons as Oswald. Would be interesting to see him in a dramatic role. I enjoy Jim on "Big Bang", he really carries that show.

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Here's a funny idea for Oswald, what about Bryan Cranston from Breaking Bad?

Wow, I didn't think of that at all. But after reading your reply she would be perfect!! Good job!!

What about Gary Oldman for George des Whats his name? He can do a Russian accent and he played Lee Harvey before. Too bad James Coburn is dead, he's who I was picturing when I read the book. (For the part of George.

Heh. Well Mr. President (I'm assuming here that the last post above was made the the sixteenth leader of the U.S. who starred in that Vampire movie) I wouldn't know about Oldman for any role in the film. It would be an irony if they did find role for him though, I admit that.

If by some weird chance Kev Costner lands the role of Jake, my only question to him would be "What are you going for some kind of trifecta here? What gives?"

Perhaps Taylor Swift as Sadie. She is tall 5'-11"

I watched "Wrath Of The Titans" a couple of weeks ago, and thought this young lady might make a good Sadie. Her name is Roseamund Pike.

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Oswald, that is bang on! Rebeca Romijin is 5'11" and has been doing more and more work. I think Charlize would be great but then so would Alison Janie or Gena Davis. I think they all have the same problem fitting in this role. Great ideas!!

Unregistered Guest

Jake/George: Edward Norton
    Bradley Cooper
    Stephen Moyor
    James Marsden

Al Templeton: Christopher Lee
    Clint Eastwood
    Gene Hackman

Lee H. Oswald: Ralph Fiennes
    Ben Foster
    Todd Lowe
    Casey Affleck

Harry Dunning: Mads Mikkelsen
    John Turturro

Frank Dunning: Matthew Fox

Sadie; Vera Farmiga

Just my opinion but I think this would be a great cast. These would be my picks in this order. I do like the prospect of Ryan Gosling but I think that Edward Norton would be more appropriate. Ralph Fiennes and Todd Lowe are a little older than I picture Oswald in the book, but I feel it would be manageable.

BookFan112263 Guest

Jake Epping/ George Amberson: Ryan Gosling or Ben Afflec or Casey Afflec or James Marsden or Leo DiCaprio or Jake Gylanhaal or Josh Hartnet or Edward Norton

Saddie Dunhill: Charlize Theron or Gweneth Paltrow or Cameron Diaz or Anne Dudek or Erica Durance (looks good as a blonde)
    Rachael McAdams or Michelle Williams

Al Templeton: Martin Sheen or Alec Baldwin or Gary Sinise or Jack Nicholson or J.K. Simmons

Yellow Card Man: Samuel L. Jackson or Morgan Freeman

Green Card Man: Michael J. Fox

Deacon Simmons: Clint Eastwood or Martin Sheen

Mimi Corcoran Simmons: Sally Field

Ellen Dockerty: Susan Sarandon or Jane Seymour or Barbara Feldon or Cloris Leachman

Harry Dunning: Giovanni Ribisi or Edward Norton

Frank Dunning: Charlie Sheen or Vince Vaughn or George Clooney or Mark Harmon

Lee Harvey Oswald: Joseph Gordon Levitt or Colin Hanks or Andrew Garfield

Marina Oswald: Amy Adams or Margot Robbie

Marguerite Oswald: Angela Lansbury or Judy Dench or Meryl Streep

George de Mohrenschildt: Tom Wilkinson

Edwin Walker: Matthew Fox

James P. Hotsy: Steve Carel

JFK: Greg Kinear

Jackie Kennedy: Katie Holmes

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast