Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers] - Page 5

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

I'm not so sure about the idea of Steve Carel as James Hosty. As for JFK and Jackie O, I think they would have more impact if they were limited to TV, newsreel and documentary footage, and for the scenes where they have to take part in the movie JFK's role should be more implied than heard or scene. I just think it gives him more of a presence and lend a sense of mystery to things if it's just a scene with Jake talking into a phone and listening to JFK yet we never here the other side of the conversation. As for Jackie O fans out there, well, I hate to say this, but she's one of the elements you could cut out without losing much. Sorry.

As for the most important role of Oswald, I think Doug Hutchinson could do it. I also think Jeff Demunn would be a good Deke. Plus, they are both King veterans in a way

Default Re: Suggestions for the movie cast of 11/22/63...? [May contain spoilers]

Doug Hutchingson was Percy but also turned out the be the creepy guy with the (no words) teenage wife.

I pictured Jessica Paré from Mad Men as Sadie, she can act, and she's tall, gangly, and looks sort of clumsy. She has a real vulnerable/strong quality too.
    Attachment 16075

Jake Epping/George Amberson: Edward Norton
    Sadie Dunhill: Bridgette Wilson
    Al Templeton: Henry Winkler
    Lee Harvey Oswald: Joseph Gordon Levitt
    George de Mohrenschildt: Tom Wilkinson
    Deke Simmons: Robert Duvall
    Miss Mimi Simmons: Sarah Jessica Parker
    Ellen Dockerty: Glenn Close
    Harry Dunning: John Turturro
    Frank Dunning: George Clooney
    Marina Oswald: Milla Jovovich
    Marguerite Oswald: Cloris Leachman
    Yellow Card Man: Christopher Lloyd
    Green Card Man: Michael J. Fox
    Hosty: Stephen Root

I think Brian Dennehy was BORN to play Al Templeton
    Sadie - Geena Davis
    L. Oswald - Gary Sinese

Throw Johnny Depp in there somewhere and you have a movie

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned R. Lee Ermey (Gunny Hartman from Full Metal Jacket Fame)to play Al Templeton. Think about it, he was a Marine, has the gravelly voice and can pull of the grumpy old man well. While we are on Full Metal Jacket actors, Vincent D'Onofrio would make a good Harry (old of course)or Frank Dunning, but I do like George Clooney as Frank as it was even mentioned that he looked like George Clooney. Nicole Forester (Boss) would make a good Sadie. I agree with Robert Duvall to play Deke. Also, here's an obscure one-Diana Scarwid to play Mimi-she can pull off the small town Southern older lady thing well. Kathy Bates as Marguerite Oswald would be a wise choice. I also like the idea of Hugh Laurie as the Yellow Card Man, or even Will Ferrell could pull it off...remember Chaz from Wedding Crashers? Ben Affleck as Jake would be a good choice I think.

You know, i was watching Adjustment Bureau last night and thinking Matt Damon would make either a good Jake or good JFK.

I hate to jump on the Christian Bale bandwagon, but he'd be great as Jake. If you haven't seen his performance in The Fighter, you should. It will make you realize he's more than just an action hero guy.

Al - Dayton Callie. You may not know who this guy is if you haven't watched Deadwood or Sons Of Anarchy, but he'd do this role justice.

Yellow & Green Card Men - I'll stick by what I said in a thread months ago. Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox. Excellent actors who would be PERFECT for these roles, and it gives a nod and a wink to what is proabably the most succesful time travel franchise ever.

Has anyone listened to the audiobook? I immediately thought that John Mahoney would be the perfect Al Templeton. I also envisioned Tim Robbins as Jake ....anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by ToyTruckDude View Post
    I can't believe that nobody has mentioned R. Lee Ermey (Gunny Hartman from Full Metal Jacket Fame)to play Al Templeton. Think about it, he was a Marine, has the gravelly voice and can pull of the grumpy old man well. While we are on Full Metal Jacket actors, Vincent D'Onofrio would make a good Harry (old of course)or Frank Dunning, but I do like George Clooney as Frank as it was even mentioned that he looked like George Clooney. Nicole Forester (Boss) would make a good Sadie. I agree with Robert Duvall to play Deke. Also, here's an obscure one-Diana Scarwid to play Mimi-she can pull off the small town Southern older lady thing well. Kathy Bates as Marguerite Oswald would be a wise choice. I also like the idea of Hugh Laurie as the Yellow Card Man, or even Will Ferrell could pull it off...remember Chaz from Wedding Crashers? Ben Affleck as Jake would be a good choice I think.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast