Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
News of the day, reminds me of Cell - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News of the day, reminds me of Cell

Default So disturbed right now...

Many of you may have heard of this recent horrific attack in Miami....

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/05...-on-other-man/

I'm not posting this to glorify it in any way... I'm just so genuinely disturbed that I need to vent it out. I honestly hope that drugs were the catalyst for such unbelievable behavior.

Default Re: News of the day, reminds me of Cell

...at my Institution...security and the inspectors are on high alert-watching for the smuggling of bath-salts as contraband...it's only a matter of time...and they can't get it all...scary ****e man, and I'm nauseated to even think what might transpire if that gets out in a population of 2,500 or so inmates...

Default Re: So disturbed right now...

Quote Originally Posted by rickyact View Post

I'm not posting this to glorify it in any way... I'm just so genuinely disturbed that I need to vent it out. I honestly hope that drugs were the catalyst for such unbelievable behavior.
    I passed on checking out the link to the pictures of the victim. I already saw them on the Village Voice's website, and to say that they are disturbing is the understatement of the day. If people need to see what this drug can do theses pictures ought to do it.

Default Re: So disturbed right now...

Quote Originally Posted by rickyact View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I passed on checking out the link to the pictures of the victim. I already saw them on the Village Voice's website, and to say that they are disturbing is the understatement of the day. If people need to see what this drug can do theses pictures ought to do it.
    I am so sorry I sounded so curt in this post. I had just seen the pictures of the victim on the internet and was trying to get the image out of my head when I read your post. I thought you had posted pictures of the injuries.... I kind of wigged. Even though I was in a state of high disgust I didn't mean to direct any of that toward you, however when I read my post it sounds like I was. So sorry.
    This is the second apology I have posted today. I will wear the asshat today for sure. I need to be more careful about how I say things.

Another newspaper article in today's paper on strange behavior.
    Gory incidents prompt online ‘zombie’ talk

AP phot
    In this Oct. 10, 2011, file photo, a sign promoting zombie preparedness is displayed in a hardware store in Omaha, Neb. After several gory incidents that have been reported around the country recently, online zombie talk has grown.

By The Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. — First came Miami: the case of a naked man eating most of another man’s face. Then Maryland, a college student telling police he killed a man, then ate his heart and part of his brain.
    It was different in New Jersey, where a man stabbed himself 50 times and threw bits of his own intestines at police. They pepper-sprayed him, but he was not easily subdued.
    He was, people started saying, acting like a zombie. And the whole discussion just kept growing, becoming a topic that the Internet couldn’t seem to stop talking about.
    The actual incidents are horrifying — and, if how people are talking about them is any indication, fascinating. In an America where zombie imagery is used to peddle everything from tools and weapons to garden gnomes, they all but beg the comparison.
    Violence, we’re used to. Cannibalism and people who should fall down but don’t? That feels like something else entirely.
    So many strange things have made headlines in recent days that The Daily Beast assembled a Google Map tracking “instances that may be the precursor to a zombie apocalypse.” And the federal agency that tracks diseases weighed in as well, insisting it had no evidence that any zombie-linked health crisis was unfolding.
    The cases themselves are anything but funny. Each involved real people either suspected of committing unspeakable acts or having those acts visited upon them for reasons that have yet to be figured out. Maybe it’s nothing new, either; people do horrible things to each other on a daily basis.
    But what, then, made search terms like “zombie apocalypse” trend day after day last week in multiple corners of the Internet, fueled by discussions and postings that were often framed as humor?
    “They’ve heard of these zombie movies, and they make a joke about it,” says Lou Manza, a psychology professor at Lebanon Valley College in Pennsylvania, who learned about the whole thing at the breakfast table Friday morning when his 18-year-old son quipped that a “zombie apocalypse” was imminent.
    Symbolic of both infection and evil, zombies are terrifying in a way that other horror-movie iconography isn’t, says Elizabeth Bird, an anthropologist at the University of South Florida.
    Zombies, after all, look like us. But they aren’t. They are some baser form of us — slowly rotting and shambling along, intent on “surviving” and creating more of their kind, but with no emotional core, no conscience, no limits.
    “Vampires have kind of a romantic appeal, but zombies are doomed,” Bird says. “Zombies can never really become human again. There’s no going back.
    “That resonates in today’s world, with people feeling like we’re moving toward an ending,” she says. “Ultimately they are much more of a depressing figure.”
    The “moving toward an ending” part is especially potent. For some, the news stories fuel a lurking fear that, ultimately, humanity is doomed.
    Speculation varies. It could be a virus that escapes from some secret government lab, or one that mutates on its own. Or maybe it’ll be the result of a deliberate combination and weaponization of pathogens, parasites and disease.
    It will, many believe, be something we’ve created — and therefore brought upon ourselves.
    Zombies represent America’s fears of bioterrorism, a fear that strengthened after the 9/11 attacks, says Patrick Hamilton, an English professor at Misericordia University in Dallas, Pa., who studies how we process comic-book narratives.
    Economic anxiety around the planet doesn’t help matters, either, with Greece, Italy and Spain edging closer to crisis every day. Consider some of the terms that those fears produce: zombie banks, zombie economies, zombie governments.
    When people are unsettled about things beyond their control — be it the loss of a job, the high cost of housing or the depletion of a retirement account — they look to metaphors like the zombie.
    “They’re mindless drones following basic needs to eat,” Hamilton says. “Those economic issues speak to our own lack of control.”
    They’re also effective messengers. The Centers for Disease Control got in on the zombie action last year, using the “apocalypse” as the teaser for its emergency preparedness blog. It worked, attracting younger people who might not otherwise have read the agency’s guidance on planning evacuation routes and storing water and food.
    On Friday, a different message emerged. Chatter had become so rampant that CDC spokesman David Daigle sent an email to the Huffington Post, answering questions about the possibility of the undead walking among us.
    “CDC does not know of a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead,” he wrote, adding: “(or one that would present zombie-like symptoms.)”
    Zombies have been around in our culture at least since Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein” was published in 1818, though they really took off after George Romero’s nightmarish, black-and-white classic “Night of the Living Dead” hit the screen in 1968.
    In the past several years, they have become both wildly popular and big business. Last fall, the financial website 24/7 Wall Street estimated that zombies pumped $5 billion into the U.S. economy.
    “And if you think the financial tab has been high so far, by the end of 2012 the tab is going to be far larger,” the October report read.

hang in there sir and remember do not get hurt for someone elses' decision to engage in nonsense..

well.... drugs are a weird thing my friend ! can hit any brain part and make you a caveman again! dangerous things. ive heard about that in the news .was really socking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12