This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

Default Re: Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

Quote Originally Posted by kiteflyingal View Post
    The book was wonderful as all the Dark Tower series was but it was far too short in pages for the price of the book. I preordered as I do with all his books but come on under 300 pages? Whats up with that?

I just bought it used. Paid about 4 bucks. Near perfect condition

Default Re: Very disappointed with the short length, loved the book but expected much more

I agree with you.......The rotten thing about Sai King's books is that they END....how dare he! Actually, TWTTK was an unexpected gift in a series that was thought to be finished. I couldn't ask for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Becks19 View Post
    I agree with you.......The rotten thing about Sai King's books is that they END....how dare he! Actually, TWTTK was an unexpected gift in a series that was thought to be finished. I couldn't ask for more!
    I agree. It was good catching up with Roland, Eddie, Suze, Jake, and Oy (if only for a bit). It was great going back to Roland's younger years and learning more about his past. It was nice to finally get to meet Jamie DeCurry (we've heard so much about him... but he wasnt as interesting as Cuthbert and Alain, IMO). And the Covenant Man's tale was great... although not directly a story about Roland, it still quenched my thirst for more Mid World!

I thought this thread was about "In the Tall Grass", based on the subject. I was surprised when I hit the end (doubly surprising as an ebook) I loved 'through the keyhole. My only disappointment was having to leave the story again. I don't think any length will fix that.

DT books could always be longer. But what we got was well worth the price.

100% agree, I am reading Wind Through the Keyhole right now - - almost finished. I am loving it. I do not care about the length, but the content. I really hope SK comes out with another book like this.

I really enjoyed The Wind Through the Keyhole, and its been a couple of years since I read the complete Dark Tower Series, so it was nice to go back, I myself dont really mind if its only a 300 page novel, just glad to read Sai King.
    The Convenant Mans character was interesting, as I dont really know if he ended up being a help to Tim Southeart, even though he was willing to take his mothers land, as he gave the key to Tim to search Kells secret box, to find out what really happend to his father. But the convenant man did blind his mother, so Im not too sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12