This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp

Default Re: Johnny Depp

Never met a J.D. film I didn't enjoy. I've suffered through the entire Pirate series just to watch him do his scene-stealing Keith Richards impressions. I even gave Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street a whorl and was shocked and delighted to enjoy it. It is a gory musical... WTH, right?... but it was oddly hilarious. Hearing him sing was a pleasure and a novelty and when he is combined with Helana Bonham Carter they are just two peas in a pod.

Chocolat
    Sleepy Hollow
    Don Juan
    Public Enemies
    Edward Scissorhands
    Donnie Brasco!
    I just remembered one that peed me off... The Libertine. Felt like a "bait and switch". The title indicated it would be sexier.

Has anyone seen The Rum Diary? And? I haven't seen it yet and I heard it bombed. I felt badly for him because I read that that one was close to his heart.

Anything that involves this guyAttachment 16098

Seen Johnny Depp's name and just had to post this:

Great actor, one of my favorites. Love Johnny in Benny & Joon. Hilarious in Sleepy Hollow. And he and Leo DiCaprio are fantastic in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
    And only Johnny could make a crazed killer barber seem sexy and make the girls swoon. I seen Sweeney Todd a few times when it was at the theater. Probably my favorite film of Johnny's.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...the hearts of the ladies on the board are immediately beating faster just by reading his name, never mind seeing his picture...
    I beg to differ! Never got the attraction at all, at all! But then I fancy Gene Hackman in The Conversation so that shows you how weird I am.

Think his best movies are Edward Scissorhands and Fear & Loathing. The Pirates of the Caribbean thing has just gone wayy too far.

Sleepy Hollow
    Ed Wood
    Donnie Brasco
    Chocolat
    Don Juan de Marco

If you like Tim Burton and vintage Bela Lugosi stuff, you really ought to check out Ed Wood. Martin Landau was spot-on playing Lugosi, and Depp was hilarious as Wood. Sarah Jessica Parker has a good role in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Mama View Post
    Never met a J.D. film I didn't enjoy. I've suffered through the entire Pirate series just to watch him do his scene-stealing Keith Richards impressions. I even gave Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street a whorl and was shocked and delighted to enjoy it. It is a gory musical... WTH, right?... but it was oddly hilarious. Hearing him sing was a pleasure and a novelty and when he is combined with Helana Bonham Carter they are just two peas in a pod.

Chocolat
    Sleepy Hollow
    Don Juan
    Public Enemies
    Edward Scissorhands
    Donnie Brasco!
    I just remembered one that peed me off... The Libertine. Felt like a "bait and switch". The title indicated it would be sexier.

Has anyone seen The Rum Diary? And? I haven't seen it yet and I heard it bombed. I felt badly for him because I read that that one was close to his heart.
    The Libertine p*ssed me off, too. It was filmed completely with natural light (they bought over 50,000 candles for the nighttime scenes - crazy huge budget for candles alone) and had to stop one-third of the way into filming to raise more money for the costs because of a production loophole in the U.K. when the actors' and directors' unions underwent contractual changes. Their path to a wrap was frought with challenges, and kudos to them for even finishing the project.....but none for the final cut. It's a stinker in virtually every way. Don't believe the one IMDB review - it's a wretched movie and I turned it off half-way through, even though I'm a big fan of Depp.

I attempted to watch "The Rum Diary" last weekend and was hugely disappointed. It's the first Depp movie I've ever switched off before the halfway mark. By that point I decided I'd seen enough of Johnny's face to keep me satisfied, and continuing with the remainder of the movie just wasn't worth it.

One of the coolest actor there is. I remember once I read an article that stated that because of the diversity of characters he played he was popular on young and older woman. The other day I was watching Secret Window and when at the end a door opens and we see him with hat and that look in his eye. Oh my.... I think only him could have pulled the effect it had on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...the hearts of the ladies on the board are immediately beating faster just by reading his name, never mind seeing his picture...

But, so do the hearts of the Serbian nation.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...p-statue_N.htm

Great person and actor, eh?

Wanna try to name some fave movies of his?
    He was pretty good in Benny and Joon. But he does not make my heart go "pitter patter". So I see from your profile info you are in "Canada". Pretty big place, huh? Not that I want to stalk you or anything, but that seems kinda vague to me. That's okay, though, as anonymity is important. I guess it's more specific than just saying "parked" or "in your dreams" or whatever... Have a nice day, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    He was pretty good in Benny and Joon. But he does not make my heart go "pitter patter". So I see from your profile info you are in "Canada". Pretty big place, huh? Not that I want to stalk you or anything, but that seems kinda vague to me. That's okay, though, as anonymity is important. I guess it's more specific than just saying "parked" or "in your dreams" or whatever... Have a nice day, eh?
    Hmm, I'm not even sure who you are but if that comment is meant to be some kind of veiled insult towards myself, or another member here who is "parked" then have the decency to say exactly what your problem is!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast