This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about?

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post

Another good one is John Wyndham. I had to read The Chrysalids in high school but I just recently read it again and enjoyed it. He also wrote Day of the Triffids and The Midwich Cukoos (sp?)
    I love John Wyndham. I'm so glad you mentioned him. I don't know how he gets overlooked. He gets my vote for most imaginative fiction.

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

Robert McCammon just wrote a new book a novella called "I Travel by Night." He has gone back to his gothic horror roots....yes! Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelewhite0036 View Post
    Robert McCammon just wrote a new book a novella called "I Travel by Night." He has gone back to his gothic horror roots....yes! Finally!
    It's a great story (got a gunslinger in it!!) and is supposed to become a series of books!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelewhite0036 View Post
    Yip, and it's a damn good story!

Who wrote The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? I loved that book. Our grade six teacher read a portion of it to us every day as part of English class and it was so good. Was it C.S. Lewis? I think it was. I would go Googling it right now but I am drinking large quantities of fluid and have to keep running to the - well enough about that. Let's just say when this is all over I think the scale will show (by going down) just how full of I am! (literally) - Sorry!

No I am not anorexic - it's doctor's orders only

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Who wrote The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe? I loved that book. Our grade six teacher read a portion of it to us every day as part of English class and it was so good. Was it C.S. Lewis? I think it was. I would go Googling it right now but I am drinking large quantities of fluid and have to keep running to the - well enough about that. Let's just say when this is all over I think the scale will show (by going down) just how full of I am! (literally) - Sorry!

No I am not anorexic - it's doctor's orders only
    Ohmygosh Nessy... I hope you don't have to live in the bathroom today. I don't want to ask why your doctor wants you to do that but I hope you'll be ok.

You're right, the author is C S Lewis. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the first book in his Chronicles of Narnia series. I didn't read the series until I was an adult and I loved it.

I noticed none of y'all mentioned Shaun Hutson. Hutson will probably never win any literary awards as he writes gore horror but his novel Slugs gave me the creeps. I liked it lol.

If Mccammon is this great, why haven't I read anything by him. If I can't find a Stephen King book, I look for Koontz, then I look for a Patterson or Kellerman I haven't read. Grisham then Karon. Every now and again I try someone new and find something I like. I HAVE to have a book to listen to in my truck and another book on my ipod to listen to while I do my job. I'm looking forward to listening to McCammon!!

Quote Originally Posted by pattypop View Post
    If Mccammon is this great, why haven't I read anything by him. If I can't find a Stephen King book, I look for Koontz, then I look for a Patterson or Kellerman I haven't read. Grisham then Karon. Every now and again I try someone new and find something I like. I HAVE to have a book to listen to in my truck and another book on my ipod to listen to while I do my job. I'm looking forward to listening to McCammon!!
    If you haven't read Rick's books, then you are missing a writer who is practically as good as Uncle Steve....he comes a very close second.

I like the john sandford prey series..each one seems better than the next,only author I follow as consistently as SK..

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast