Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about? - Page 11

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about?

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

Ditto that!

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    If you haven't read Rick's books, then you are missing a writer who is practically as good as Uncle Steve....he comes a very close second.

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

I just became a big fan of McCammon about a month ago and I could kick myself for being so late to his party. He's good. Read his work. You will love him. I'm reading Boy's Life now and I can tell you that it will be in my top list of great books.

Quote Originally Posted by pattypop View Post
    If Mccammon is this great, why haven't I read anything by him. I'm looking forward to listening to McCammon!!

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Ditto that!
    Tritto!! McCammon is such a great writer! I have been reading him since the big horror boom of the 1980's, when it seemed like there was a new horror novel and/or author 'discovered' every week. Alot of it turned out to be nothing but drek, but McCammon rose to the top and has stayed there. He always seems to come up with some new twist on what's been done before and excels at it! He has remained one of my favorite authors all this time. He keeps on getting better and better!

Tritto . . .I like that!

Tritto . . .I like that!
    I'm not sure but I think that little gem came from our beloved John D.! If not, then I'm taking credit for it!!

Tritto . . .I like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I'm not sure but I think that little gem came from our beloved John D.! If not, then I'm taking credit for it!!
    Marsha says this one quite frequently, I'm not sure who came up with it first?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I think it came from Marsha!

​Has anyone read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series? I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    ​Has anyone read Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series? I love them.
    Ms. Mod and Spidey have read them all. (I think Cat may also be reading these?) I really enjoyed the first one and had read about half of the second before the library (police) wanted it back. I'd like to get back to the series at some point.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I would suggest besides those already listed to try Clive Barker and Dean Koontz. They write well too. Dean Koontz has created a character named Thomas Odd. This series of books is based on character that has psychic abilities and is really entertaining. Top quality horror and thrillers.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast