Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know about?

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

....Harlan Ellison, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson....just a few of mine to suggest...Asimov, Barker, Koontz.....

Default Re: So who is the second best author after SK? Who else should every SK fan know abo

I haven't read any of McCammons books yet. I do keep my eyes open when I'm browsing through used books, though. So far, I haven't found any. I've seen several recommendations for his works around here. If that many of the folks here like him, I must read his books!

Robert McCammon and then, Dan Simmons.

I'm a big fan of Dan Brown. Just like that style of history/fiction. I'm also a big Louis L'amour fan. For me though, King is on a level of his own. He does so much for my reading and intellectual tastes that it's hard to compare other authors. I also think J.K. Rowling has to be up there just for her Harry Potter series alone. And don't judge them by the movies please. The movies make it seem like a kid's flick but I'm 23 and read them all the way through again just last summer. The depth and progression she applied from start to finish is epic. Not quite as epic as the Dark Tower series, but It's not that far behind in my opinion.

Other than those I read the occasional Brad Meltzer, Stuart Woods, Harlan Coben, or David Baldacci novel if the subject is strong enough.

Lastly, Herman Hesse does some pretty deep, thought invoking work also if your interested check out The Glass Bead Game or Steppenwolf. Be warned, their not for the casual reader.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieJo View Post
    Looks like I have another author to start reading.

Adding McCammon to the list!
    I guess I'll be adding him as well.

But for me, Clive Barker is next best. He's got a much different feel then SK, his stuff is for the freak show fans.

I haven't read any McCammon novels either. Maybe the biggest reason is, none of our libraries have his works. Pretty strange actually.
    For me the second best author is maybe Dean Koontz. And that's a bit strange too, since I just noticed I've made fun of him on quite many posts... Also Scott Siegler is pretty good, though I've only read two of his novels. And of course, Peter Straub, Clive Barker and Ramsey Campbell. Funny thing, every one of those three authors are in some way connected to Stephen King.

Quote Originally Posted by DebA913 View Post
    I haven't read any of McCammons books yet. I do keep my eyes open when I'm browsing through used books, though. So far, I haven't found any. I've seen several recommendations for his works around here. If that many of the folks here like him, I must read his books!
    Robert McCammon's books can be hard to find in used bookstores, and a lot of the time when you do find a one it is in rattacular condition.
    You can find his stuff on Amazon or order them directly from his website. It's worth the effort.

http://www.robertmccammon.com/

My other go to authors are Lisa Gardener, Cody Mcfayden, Michael Connelly and Chelsea Cain

My second favorite author after King is Dean Koontz and then Lee Child on third place. Oh I almost forgot Joe Hill he
    is a great author too.

For children (and quite a few grownup short stories), Roald Dahl.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast