Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Does Haven get better? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does Haven get better?

Default Re: Does Haven get better?

Much improved over this season. The first season seemed "hokey", although a few flashes of interesting material.

I did not like the first two seasons at all -- so imagine my surprise upon finding myself enjoying the third season quite a bit.

The show could still use some improvement -- and it still has almost nothing to do with The Colorado Kid -- but I enjoyed every episode of this season, and am now actually looking forward to the next.

Yes by the second season the writers and actors had really found the characters. In the third season the mythology really became interesting as well with a great cliffhanger. On the downside, the writers went back to the cliched romantic triangle well and employed the weak story telling device of prolonging conflicts by not having characters talk to each other.

I like the characters a lot and the mythology just wish the writing of the characters did them proper justice.

My favorite episode of the third season was Last Goodbyes which niftily paralleled and foreshadowed Audrey's season arc. For more in depth analysis head over to Lilja's Library where Lilja and I review the series. We reviewed the last 4 episodes in the Lilja&LouPodcast in Episode 14: Lilja & Lou Close The Barn Doors On Haven Season 3.

I'm really enjoying the show, characters are fleshing out nicely. And I love to follow any show with ex-Buffy cast in it!

Man I loved it from Episode 1 up to the current ones. Great characters and great story. I love the actors too. I am gonna get grilled for this but I think Haven 10 times better than the Under The Dome series. Under the Dome bores me for the most part. I try like heck to watch every episode because I love the book so much but I find myself zoning out and missing half the episode most of the time. I find many of the characters annoying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123