This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone in liking this?

Default Re: Am I alone in liking this?

I really liked the book (ofcourse), the movie was worth the cost. I didnt care for one of the characters rendition
    (is that the word?), but I know it was probably the only way to protray his scenes fighting 'himself' on the snowmobile..if it is convenient I will certainly enjoy watching it again. So I guess we dont agree on this one. (although I didnt care for Freemans character either-but they werent trying to please lil ole me.ha)

I feel the same way exactly

I Thought it was awful; I loved the book though. The Adaptation was just moronic, honestly, S.K. created such a great story with emotion and Friendship, The Movie messed everything up. I did not enjoy the movie.

I love that movie.When I frist time watch Dreamcatcher I didn'i know that it was made by SK book and I like it very much!

I dug the movie overall! Couple things I didn't like: No BACON! scene??? Why the hell did they not film one? I mean honestly... it would have been killer! :sigh: And I only read the book once., but didn't Duddits have Down's Syndrome? Why couldn't they have gotten an actor with Downs to play him? That bugged me. Also, Col. Curtis's eyebrows... REALLY? They were very distracting for me. lol Loved Henry, Beaver, Pete and even Jonesy's british accent to help distinguish Mr. Gray was cool. I bought the dvd, so that's definitely a thumbs up for me! (y)

The movie of Dreamcather was ok. It has a good cast, and the first hour or so was really good as we see the characters develop. That first part of the movie had a very good Stephen King feel to it. But once the alien stuff starts happening it falls apart a little bit. They try to stuff too much story into too little time. The book wasn't one of my absolute favorites either. Based on this and The Tommyknockers, I really don't care for Stephen King's alien stories. I just don't think he does aliens very well.

The movie was 'okay'. The gore was well done, but some of the acting was painful to endure. Overall, worth the rental.

The overall experience for the movie is very good. Actually it's one of my favorite movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dough Matzo View Post
    I know that many people hated this one, usually for 2 reasons:

1. The child actors were bad.
    2. The ending did not make sense.

Well, if you don't judge the children, an ignore the end, it's very good. Anyone agree?

I thought it was pretty horrible.

You're not alone, no, but it's never going to be known as one of Mr. King's finer adaptations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast