This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I alone in liking this?

Default Re: Am I alone in liking this?

It's been awhile since I read the book, but, I seem to recall that the end was truncated in the movie to the point that i was disappointed with it. Can't read it right now. All my books are in storage since I lost my house.

I actually really liked the ending,

the concept of duddits being an alien as well was kind of cool. Because lets face it even if he wasn't an alien and it was only a special gift he did probably bring the grayboys to earth, and him being an alien kind of helps with that rather than a very special child. I thought it was a great movie, while I do feel Kurtz could have been better played and maybe even a different actor since Freeman is just a little mellow for such an insane character it was overall pretty good. Beaver dying in that really tugged at the heart strings, I cried at that part harder than in the book. Maybe Jack Nicholson could have played the crazy roll of Kurtz, after all we saw how crazy he was in The Shining
    Last edited by Dana Jean; October 3rd, 2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added spoilers

Never seen the movie, but I liked the book.

(I know, don't I help so much! )

Well, the movie had the same ending that I was expecting from the book, but I have to say, I never watched it, just read about it.

The sh!tweasels were presented well!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123