Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any truth to the Dark Tower rewrite (possible spoiler) - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any truth to the Dark Tower rewrite (possible spoiler)

Default Re: Any truth to the Dark Tower rewrite (possible spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinebreaker View Post
    Muskrat, those comics are officially endorsed by SK. He's pretty heavily involved... I doubt anything's making it in there that isn't 'official' as it were.
    The timeline of the comics is contradicted by The Wind Through the Keyhole. Robin Furth has said that they represent an alternate-universe version of the stories, and that the events depicted therein are not in continuity with the events of the novels.

My guess -- which is purely a guess -- is that Mr. King stopped paying attention to the comics pretty early on in the process. After the third arc, they stopped feeling as though they had his touch to them; the arcs dealing with the fall of Gilead and the battle of Jericho Hill don't seem like "Stephen King" to me in any way.

Breaking the 4th wall is probably the hardest thing to do in a literary pursuit. I think Stephen King did it with great alacrity in the DTS and he may have even redefined the concept. I would not change a thing about it.

It's true... he plans to re-write Dean Koontz into the Dark Tower series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_Strider View Post
    Breaking the 4th wall is probably the hardest thing to do in a literary pursuit. I think Stephen King did it with great alacrity in the DTS and he may have even redefined the concept. I would not change a thing about it.
    Amen.

Neither would I.

Hey everyone, I'd just like to put my two cents down on this discussion. If I were to switch bodies with Mr. King and be able to change anything in the dark tower series, it would be for (sorry here comes some spoilers and stuff)

Jake not to die the third time I cried for a good half hour, I was so sad and oy, oh man... But I know books sometimes have sad stuff in them, but ugh, that was heartbreaking stuff (I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it) for sure, and that shows how good of a writer Mr. King is to get people (I couldn't be the only one) emotionally attached to fictional characters to the point that we're genuinly saddened by the lose of those characters.

Thankfully I don't have freaky friday powers because I can't write for crap hah! Everything else I loved about the books especially the ending (Well except for that being the end of the quest) I'd really like to see more Dark Tower books come out, but I'm just as happy with anything Mr. King puts his pen to! Sorry this was so long and possibly awkward but I thought I'd share and say hello and I'll see y'all around the forums!
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; March 11th, 2013 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Added spoiler tags

Wanna. Change the story- well here's your chance, a willy wonks golden ticket to you constant reader. I'm fed up with people saying how they hated the ending- Their is no ending foolish people! Only different paths - so to honour sai king , how about joining me and a few goons in the cellar , and try to get long tall and ugly to his ultimate goal- his final destination - this time he has his horn!!!!

http://www.stephenking.com/community...892&do=discuss

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234