This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just finished this Book

Default Re: Just finished this Book

I read the book last year, and I started the audible a couple of weeks ago and am just starting the ending of the audible version today. A masterpiece of a novel, but it woke up a romantic in me, that sometimes goes MIA. Which means I would love to tweak the ending. Especially if it was as I suggested in another thread, in a follow up novel for both 11 22 63 and IT, where the novels collide on a bigger scale. I wonder what the title should be, "Jimla To The Rescue", "Another Rabbitt Hole"; "Jimla Meets Robert Gray"; "Jim and Sadie In Derry".

This is just the amazing book I've ever read! I was pulled right into it and couldn't put it down..! Thank you, Mr King for writing this book!

This is a really, really good book. I don't get why some people say King's recent work isn't good - stories like this one are wonderful.

Red face Re: Just finished this Book

Quote Originally Posted by mainelydmj View Post
    I was pleasantly pleased with this book. At first I was a little apprehensive about the story line. I finally gave in, because I wanted a long story to indulge in and the reviews were amazing. I wish I could thank Stephen King personally for a great story. I also appreciated all the Maine references - and yes I am from Maine. I am recommending this book to all my friends.

I am a fourty-something woman. I met Stephen King when I was about 10 years old and I did not know who he was. My mom made me go to a book signing at a local hardware store, sometime in the mid/late 70's. I still remember the visit - there wasn't a line, but I go his autograph and he listed the novels he had written - only 3 at the time. The reason why I remember the visit, is because my mom made me go and I think she wanted to meet him herself. Anyway, years later, I came across my autograph book, with his signature. Of course at the time I found it, I now knew who I met back then.

Bravo on a great book. I would have liked Jake to go back and marry Sadie, but the ending is fit - great job on the idea to Stephen's son for coming up with the idea for the ending.

Now, what to read next????
    i just finished this book also and had to look on website to see if it affected others the way it affected me. i listened on cd in my truck EVERYTIME i was in my truck for 3 weeks, i was so pulled into the story it was sad when it was over -

i wonder if he married sadie in 2011 when they danced once again? i like to think they did...bravo Mr. King...BRAVO!
    Last edited by Dana Jean; June 18th, 2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added spoilers

I also just finished listening to this book in my car - everytime there was an errand to run, I was like...oh honey - I'll go (just so I could listen to more of the story!) I would take drives just to hear the book. Laughed - cried - Loved the ending.
    I didn't even realize all the connections to other books he has written (I haven't read that many as a new King reader), it was great discussion w/the hubby as he has been reading King since he was 10, we are both 38! He told me I need to read ...oh goodness I forget the story - but it's about a car that King referenced maybe Kristine??

Quote Originally Posted by jgilyard View Post
    I also just finished listening to this book in my car - everytime there was an errand to run, I was like...oh honey - I'll go (just so I could listen to more of the story!) I would take drives just to hear the book. Laughed - cried - Loved the ending.
    I didn't even realize all the connections to other books he has written (I haven't read that many as a new King reader), it was great discussion w/the hubby as he has been reading King since he was 10, we are both 38! He told me I need to read ...oh goodness I forget the story - but it's about a car that King referenced maybe Kristine??
    Christine
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

11/22/63 was very well written with characters you quickly got invested in and I really enjoyed the read. While not every S.K. book has been a homerun, there are many books that have been impossible to put down both from his early novels and his later efforts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123